Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,290

1 members and 3,289 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Holding Gaboon viper

The only laws going on right now are the wildlife saying that the retics and burms are invasive species... That's all buddy...calm down..did the s.s kick in your door and take your snakes????? No they didn't and yes there will be alot more Steve Irwin's.... I really wish this guy didn't share pictures of him doing this cuz all its doing is causing mass hysteria.. I'm sure this aint the guys first rodeo..and in the pictures I didn't see his hands anywhere..the pics I saw anyway..I'm sure he had a hook right next to the rocking chair. I say if he has hots..and he wants to handle them..and he isn't breaking any laws...they by all means handle the hots...all he wanted was for people to enjoy the pictures he took not bash him...

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chaples84 For This Useful Post:

maausen (07-11-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chaples84 View Post
    The only laws going on right now are the wildlife saying that the retics and burms are invasive species..
    That may be the biggest threat at the moment at the federal level, but don't think for a second that restrictions aren't being introduced all the time on the state a municipal level. The groups who introduce this legislation (HSUS, etc) can only use this sort of thing as fodder to push their agenda and confirm to the public that reptile owners across the nation are reckless and behave similarly to this individual.

The same way certain groups push for more strict gun control every time there is some sort of tragedy involving firearms.

If things worked as simply as you think they do, I'd have no problem with these people eliminating themselves from the gene pool. But knowing the fact that it could very well effect responsible keepers everywhere, it's extremely disturbing.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tbowman For This Useful Post:

kiiarah (07-09-2015),KMG (07-09-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,862 Times in 4,780 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tbowman View Post
    That may be the biggest threat at the moment at the federal level, but don't think for a second that restrictions aren't being introduced all the time on the state a municipal level. The groups who introduce this legislation (HSUS, etc) can only use this sort of thing as fodder to push their agenda and confirm to the public that reptile owners across the nation are reckless and behave similarly to this individual.
    This. Here in WV we have the "Dangerous Wild Animals Act". The "Dangerous Wild Animals Board", which is comprised of three appointed representatives from DNR, Ag, and HHS, meets annually to review the list of regulated animals and make recommendations to add animals to or remove animals from the list. The legislature then votes on the list during the next session.

So far no snake species are on the list, but initially the Board recommended that all venomous snakes and all constrictors over six feet be placed on it. One twit free-handling a hot who gets bit would ruin keeping hots within the state for everyone.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts

This is why I don't have hots...they are to tempting to handle free handed...it all goes hand in hand people..he's just a dare devil that's all...if a guy buys a motor cycle and doesn't wear a helmet and dies do we all who own motorcycle are at fault..no he will be accountable for his actions... He has pictures of him doing what he's not..just let him be..its funny we see a guy like this and we say stupid..we see Steve irwin do it we think hero of wildlife... How do you think new steve Irwin's are made people...
    If you die on your motorcycle the event is pretty much over as society is used to vehicle collisions. However society is not used to the "crazy snake guy" next door handling dangerous snakes and getting bit. People will be willing to fight to get this kind of person out of their area. My neighbors don't know anything about my collection and it is harmless. Check around and see all the people being fought about harmless collections by landlords, HOAs, municipalities, etc. and then tell me what you think about this guy and his online pics.

With a little online research you can see how over and over again people have a knee jerk reaction to one event and try to change a ton of things they have no understanding of.

Let this guy get bit and die in his house with the snake on the loose. People will be all over it.

This guy should not be compared to those seen on TV. I have never seen any of those people sit down and place a cobra in their lap. They use a hook or grabber and take the snake by the head. They have much more control and are doing a very dangerous thing much safer than the person in question.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KMG For This Useful Post:

GoingPostal (07-10-2015),kiiarah (07-09-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

CLOWN. If this guy (clown) doesn't have the appropriate venomous licensing and snake handling permits he should be prosecuted. If he does, he should still be prosecuted for all the lesser offenses.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,669 Posts

..its funny we see a guy like this and we say stupid..we see Steve irwin do it we think hero of wildlife...
    Do you not differentiate between tailing a venomous and letting it rest in your lap/hands?
    Last edited by John1982; 07-09-2015 at 10:41 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John1982 For This Useful Post:

KMG (07-09-2015),MidSouthMorphs (07-26-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts

I really wish this guy didn't share pictures of him doing this cuz all its doing is causing mass hysteria..

Hysteria? I have not taken this threads reactions as such. Seems everybody is pretty calm to me. Realistic, but calm.
    Last edited by KMG; 07-09-2015 at 10:43 AM.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    This. Here in WV we have the "Dangerous Wild Animals Act". The "Dangerous Wild Animals Board", which is comprised of three appointed representatives from DNR, Ag, and HHS, meets annually to review the list of regulated animals and make recommendations to add animals to or remove animals from the list. The legislature then votes on the list during the next session.

So far no snake species are on the list, but initially the Board recommended that all venomous snakes and all constrictors over six feet be placed on it. One twit free-handling a hot who gets bit would ruin keeping hots within the state for everyone.
    Yep. Similarly, Ohio very quickly went from being one of the more relaxed states in regards to exotics in general to being one of the more restrictive. All in reaction to a single incident.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tbowman View Post
    Yep. Similarly, Ohio very quickly went from being one of the more relaxed states in regards to exotics in general to being one of the more restrictive. All in reaction to a single incident.
    Really....?!?! That's frightening...
    0.1 Lesser Pastel

Black Spooky Kitty
    0.1 Faye Tiny Kitty

?.?
    Feral Cat Colony

And more on the way always....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by John1982 View Post
    Do you not differentiate between tailing a venomous and letting it rest in your lap/hands?
    you know he didnt always only tail them. just saying I am pretty certain I saw video of Steve letting a Australian brown snake crawl around face and head while loosely handling it as well. I will see what I can find.
    1.0 Normal Ball Python
    1.0 Normal Het Orange Ghost Ball Python
    0.1 Mojave Ball python
    0.1 Orange Ghost Ball python
    0.1 Orange Ghost Het Caramel Ball python
    0.1 Spotted Python
    1.0 Jungle Carpet Python

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast