Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,392

4 members and 3,388 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

My bearded dragon isn't growing?

My bearded dragon is about 1 year and 4 months old. However, he isn't growing at all. He's much smaller compared to other bearded dragons, and he's 14 inches long. �� I don't know if something is wrong, or if he's just going to be tiny forever. I have him in a 40 gallon tank, I put calcium dust on his crickets, and wax worms. He has lots of space in his cage to run around. I feed him fruits and vegetables. He has normal lighting, a well working UVB light and a heat light. He's perfectly healthy he just seems so tiny. Is this normal for his age? Am I just overreacting?
    I don't know how to post a picture of his setup, but he has slate tile as his flooring. He has a cave tree thing for basking, he has a small water bowel, like its tiny and in the corner, it's about two by two inches big. (Keeping it there for at least a little humidity because he's going through a shed right now). Should I start feeding him other things? Is he too small for pinkies?
    Last edited by Svorge; 07-03-2015 at 06:21 PM.

Registered User Daniel.michelle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Feed him more, and a varied diet.
    Savannah monitor 1.1.40
    Bearded dragon 2.0.0
    Crested gecko 0.0.1
    Leopard gecko 0.1.0
    Mountian horned dragon 0.0.1
    tiger salamander 0.0.1
    ball Python 0.0.1

BPnet Veteran Jabberwocky Dragons's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: My bearded dragon isn't growing?

Quote Originally Posted by Svorge View Post
    My bearded dragon is about 1 year and 4 months old. However, he isn't growing at all. He's much smaller compared to other bearded dragons, and he's 14 inches long. �� I don't know if something is wrong, or if he's just going to be tiny forever. I have him in a 40 gallon tank, I put calcium dust on his crickets, and wax worms. He has lots of space in his cage to run around. I feed him fruits and vegetables. He has normal lighting, a well working UVB light and a heat light. He's perfectly healthy he just seems so tiny. Is this normal for his age? Am I just overreacting?
    I don't know how to post a picture of his setup, but he has slate tile as his flooring. He has a cave tree thing for basking, he has a small water bowel, like its tiny and in the corner, it's about two by two inches big. (Keeping it there for at least a little humidity because he's going through a shed right now). Should I start feeding him other things? Is he too small for pinkies?

From the rough details you provided, the diet you're feeding him and your husbandry shouldn't prevent him from achieving full growth. Now if you're offering fruits and veggies every day and crickets only once a month, there's going to be a problem but I'm assuming you're providing appropriately sized crickets several times a week. 14 inches at ~1.5 years is quite small but not incredibly small. Another few inches and he'd be 17 inches long which is still small but closer to the typical size range.

Have you done a fecal for parasites? If you're feeding him regularly and he's eating a good amount each time, it could be parasites are at work here.