Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,378

1 members and 3,377 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks

Re: Going back to Tegus...Need new ideas

Quote Originally Posted by JoshSloane View Post
    Great idea..Not sure if you covered this in a previous post, but what did you use to seal the interior of the enclosure? I know that many people use silicone to seal edges, then paint, and then put a water based polyurethane top coat over that. Two things I don't like about this are having to work with polyurethane (headaches), and having to wait 3 weeks for the fumes to dissipate. I looked into fiberglass resin and drylok, but not sure how that would turn out with paint beneath. Im also going to post this in the 'DIY' section for others to see.

Haha I just replied to your other thread. You can use FRP (which is generally what is on the lower walls of bathrooms in public places, office buildings, etc. Or they make a PVC equivalent that is flexible, can be cut with a razor blade and glues down with liquid nail. That is what I used, then to seal the seams I used PVC 1/4 round trim and liquid nail.
    SNAKES
    1.0 Childrens Python
    LIZARDS
    0.1 B&W Tegu, 1.0 Bearded Dragon, 1.1 IJ Blue Tongue Skinks
    FROGS
    0.0.5 Dendrobates tinctorius 'Citronella'
    DOGS
    1.0 German Sherherd (Timber), 1.0 Wolf/Shepherd (Sabre), 1.0 Chihuahua (Taz), 0.1 Chihuahua (Penny), 0.1 Pitbull (Luna)

Thanks
    Ah gotcha. Im sure that looks great. I am more looking for some kind of paint/chemical application. Ive landed on using an epoxy 3:1, or any epoxy paint really. Im also thinking just a good latex outdoor paint for the boa cage, and drylok for the tegu.

Thanks

Re: Going back to Tegus...Need new ideas

Quote Originally Posted by JoshSloane View Post
    Ah gotcha. Im sure that looks great. I am more looking for some kind of paint/chemical application. Ive landed on using an epoxy 3:1, or any epoxy paint really. Im also thinking just a good latex outdoor paint for the boa cage, and drylok for the tegu.
    That will work fine...a lot of people do it....especially if this is for your boa...with the tegu I did the walls the way I did because I figured at some point if she clawed the walls enough she could peel away the coating and expose some wood...will it happen probably not...I tend to over think everything, make this more difficult for myself, and go overkill haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    SNAKES
    1.0 Childrens Python
    LIZARDS
    0.1 B&W Tegu, 1.0 Bearded Dragon, 1.1 IJ Blue Tongue Skinks
    FROGS
    0.0.5 Dendrobates tinctorius 'Citronella'
    DOGS
    1.0 German Sherherd (Timber), 1.0 Wolf/Shepherd (Sabre), 1.0 Chihuahua (Taz), 0.1 Chihuahua (Penny), 0.1 Pitbull (Luna)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234