Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,320

3 members and 3,317 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New addition!

Thanks

New addition!

I got this cute little guy at the Hamburg Reptile Show, my husband bought him for me for my birthday. I love him so much already, he is so personable and not shy at all. He ate a few blueberries and a couple silkworms for me already, he even ate part of a blueberry from my fingers!

The styrofoam hides are only going to be in there until tomorrow when i get more permanent ones.
    Erica

0.1.0 American Pit Bull Terrier
    0.0.2 Black Moor Goldfish
    0.0.2 Oranda Goldfish

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PassionFruitReptiles For This Useful Post:

dylanjwicklund (06-26-2015)

Thanks
    Very cool lil one, I'm sure you will love this guy. I am hoping that tank setup isn't permanent?
    SNAKES
    1.0 Childrens Python
    LIZARDS
    0.1 B&W Tegu, 1.0 Bearded Dragon, 1.1 IJ Blue Tongue Skinks
    FROGS
    0.0.5 Dendrobates tinctorius 'Citronella'
    DOGS
    1.0 German Sherherd (Timber), 1.0 Wolf/Shepherd (Sabre), 1.0 Chihuahua (Taz), 0.1 Chihuahua (Penny), 0.1 Pitbull (Luna)

Thanks
    No, it's not. It's a temporary 20 long until he grows a little bit and my husband pulls the enclosure i built for a monitor i owned out of the basement.
    I hate using tanks for any of my critters, and it doesn't look good having paper taped on the sides and plastic wrap on the screen.
    Erica

0.0.2 Oranda Goldfish

Thanks

Re: New addition!

Quote Originally Posted by PassionFruitReptiles View Post
    No, it's not. It's a temporary 20 long until he grows a little bit and my husband pulls the enclosure i built for a monitor i owned out of the basement.
    I hate using tanks for any of my critters, and it doesn't look good having paper taped on the sides and plastic wrap on the screen.

That's what I like to hear! Welcome to the Bluey Club, there are a few of us on there lurking that own them!
    SNAKES
    1.0 Childrens Python
    LIZARDS
    FROGS
    DOGS
    1.0 German Sherherd (Timber), 1.0 Wolf/Shepherd (Sabre), 1.0 Chihuahua (Taz), 0.1 Chihuahua (Penny), 0.1 Pitbull (Luna)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jclaiborne View Post
    That's what I like to hear! Welcome to the Bluey Club, there are a few of us on there lurking that own them!
    I've wanted a BTS for a while, they actually remind me somewhat of Monitors in regards to their inquisitive nature, but they are much more placid and easier to handle. I'm already in love with my baby, he watches everything i do in the reptile room amd when i change out his food/water he will come over to check me out without hesitation. He is definitely very interesting. Thank you!
    Erica

0.0.2 Oranda Goldfish

Thanks

They are really inquisitive animals, I normally get mine out of their enclosure when I want a lap pet to chill with me when I walk around the house or watch tv...mine perch on my shoulder and will stay there as long as I let them vs my Tegu that I get out when I want to have a more active interaction lol. Cant wait to see the permanent setup! How big is the cage the lil one will be going in?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    SNAKES
    1.0 Childrens Python
    LIZARDS
    FROGS
    DOGS

Thanks
    Congrats on the cutie!
    I just got my BTS a couple weeks ago and they are quite the characters. If you haven't seen it already, there is a good video on youtube (by LLL reptile) of mixing up skink chow. I think I searched for "blue tongue skink diet". Very good information.

My guy seems fairly picky, but he will eat his skink chow and apparently loves pinkie mice (f/t).

Good luck with your little guy!
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by artgecko View Post
    Congrats on the cutie!
    I just got my BTS a couple weeks ago and they are quite the characters. If you haven't seen it already, there is a good video on youtube (by LLL reptile) of mixing up skink chow. I think I searched for "blue tongue skink diet". Very good information.

My guy seems fairly picky, but he will eat his skink chow and apparently loves pinkie mice (f/t).

Good luck with your little guy!

X2 on the video, that is the what I used to start my skink food and have tweaked it since then, but not much. I live about 10 minutes from 2 of their stores and their breeding facility is in the same town as I live as well. Jen actually helped me out quite a bit when she was still working there with my skinks setup and answering all the questions I had (daily at first). She had a big hand in getting their Bluey Breeding program up and running.
    SNAKES
    1.0 Childrens Python
    LIZARDS
    FROGS
    DOGS

Thanks

I have three enclosures downstairs - a 4' 3/4 x 3' 1/2, a 4'x7', and a 8' x 9 1/2' (all come in two or three sections).. I am most likely going to use the smallest enclosure since it will be the most convenient to clean and move around - i am 5 1/2 months pregnant so that is the best option.

Right now i am feeding him mealworms, premium wet dog food (Innova) and silkworms (in one bowl) and 3 leafy greens (mustard, collard, and turnip) and two fruits in another bowl.. I will definitely check out that video though. Thanks!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    Erica

0.0.2 Oranda Goldfish

Thanks

I got his temporary enclosure set up, he's so tiny and i want him to feel as secure as possible so i added some cover and hides. Hes settling in nicely.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PassionFruitReptiles; 06-21-2015 at 02:21 PM.
    Erica

0.0.2 Oranda Goldfish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast