Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,355

4 members and 3,351 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

VE-100 thermostat crapping out!!!

Hello all,

I purchased a ve-100 thermostat back in March when I got my first rack from Beeger boxes. However, the backlight is starting to flicker, and sometimes it goes off completely. The display screen itself also gets a bit wonky. Doesn't really show the time. I know it's supposed to come with a spare fuse., but I'm not sure if that's the case. It is normally set to 90°F. It somehow started working normally this morning, so I set it to 88°F instead, since it's been warmer in New York.

I tried going to the Vivarium Electronics website last night and this morning, but it appears to be down (www.vivariumelecfronics.com) to look at the ow were manual. My owner's manual was ruined by water.

Anyone else have that issue with this thermostat? I currently have a hydrofarm thermostat I can use for a backup as a pinch, but was wondering if anyone else had his happen.

Thanks in advance.

-Ish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Re: VE-100 thermostat crapping out!!!

I'd check to see if there is a warranty of such. I use herpistat and I'm pretty certain they have one.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IsmQui718 View Post
    Hello all,

I purchased a ve-100 thermostat back in March when I got my first rack from Beeger boxes. However, the backlight is starting to flicker, and sometimes it goes off completely. The display screen itself also gets a bit wonky. Doesn't really show the time. I know it's supposed to come with a spare fuse., but I'm not sure if that's the case. It is normally set to 90°F. It somehow started working normally this morning, so I set it to 88°F instead, since it's been warmer in New York.

I tried going to the Vivarium Electronics website last night and this morning, but it appears to be down (www.vivariumelecfronics.com) to look at the ow were manual. My owner's manual was ruined by water.

Anyone else have that issue with this thermostat? I currently have a hydrofarm thermostat I can use for a backup as a pinch, but was wondering if anyone else had his happen.

Thanks in advance.

-Ish

Hey, not trying to hijack the thread here, but how do you like your rack from Beeger Boxes? Im about to order the 3 level 41 qt rack pre-assembled.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoshSloane View Post
    Hey, not trying to hijack the thread here, but how do you like your rack from Beeger Boxes? Im about to order the 3 level 41 qt rack pre-assembled.
    The racks themselves are great. However. I wasn't too thrilled with the communication. When Debby communicated, it was awesome, but then I wouldn't get a reply for about a week or two. I just think they have an enormous workload and Russ is the only one building them.

I just got a second rack from AP cages and I love it. Price is awesome, but it's about 10 weeks before you get the rack. Well worth it if you're not in a rush. I'd build my own, but I'm not handy. Lol.

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    Check with Reptile Basics on a warranty for that 100. I have several 200s and never had a problem with them.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    If it helps I have owners manual for VE-300 here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-y...ew?usp=sharing

Warranty is good for 1 year after purchase.
    Limited Warranty:

Vivarium Electronics warrants all components and workmanship of this unit for a period of one year from original date of purchase

and a maximum of two years from date of manufacture. Vivarium Electronics makes no warranty expressed or implied, other than that

stated herein. Vivarium Electronics warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, including this limited warranty, shall be limited

solely and exclusively to the repair or replacement of a defective product. Vivarium Electronics will in no event be liable for any

special, incidental or consequential damages. This warranty does not include failure caused by accident, misuse, any damage from any

source or connection to faulty or inappropriate electrical source.

This warranty shall be voided in the event the product is altered or tampered with in any way or used for any purpose other than that

for which it is intended
    Vivarium Electronics website is up now

http://www.vivariumelectronics.com/
    Email to
    inquiry@reptilebasics.com
    Last edited by The Golem; 06-13-2015 at 09:20 AM.

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IsmQui718 View Post
    I tried going to the Vivarium Electronics website last night and this morning, but it appears to be down (www.vivariumelecfronics.com)
    You have the wrong URL. There is no "f" in electronics.

The site is working:
    It is okay to use pine bedding for snakes.
    It is okay to feed live food to snakes.

Thanks
    I had a bad temp probe on one of my VE-100's once and they were really good about getting me a new one.
    Cheers, Jeff

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 200xth View Post
    You have the wrong URL. There is no "f" in electronics.

The site is working:
    The typo was on my end when posting this thread. I actually had it spelled correctly when on the site. Just wasn't working yesterday. Working fine now.

I'm actually going to reach out on Monday regarding the whole thing seems to be ok for now, but I'm not trusting it.