Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,356

2 members and 3,354 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

Updated pictures of Firefly :)

So I know I'm not on here a lot but if you remember I got a Firefly morph from BHB reptiles I didn't get to name him *it was my SO's turn to name the animal* so his name is....Firefly >.> I like it but it's just so obvious anyway he's about 800 grams now and 10 months old. does this seem about right? He's my first ball python so I don't know the growth pattern of them. I'm going to post pictures of when he was 4 months old and some of the more recent pictures now that he's older . I'm really sorry, I don't know how to post individual pictures so I'm just going to post a link of my FB that has all of his pictures, the first pictures are when he was 4 months old when I first got him the rest are pictures when he was around 9 months https://www.facebook.com/keriulovesj...e=3&uploaded=3
    Last edited by kcomstoc; 06-04-2015 at 11:19 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Hey Keri you have a nice looking Firefly there. I like the pics of your buns (lops) too, they're cute. We had Lops for years, they were a lot of fun.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

Thanks

Re: Updated pictures of Firefly :)

Quote Originally Posted by Reinz View Post
    Hey Keri you have a nice looking Firefly there. I like the pics of your buns (lops) too, they're cute. We had Lops for years, they were a lot of fun.
    thanks only one is a lop though, the other one is a rex, we adopted the rex because we wanted our lop to have a friend and that's the bunny he chose (what better way to ensure your bunnies are going to get along then to let them chose which one they like?) the lop is Caleb *I named him* the calico looking one is Gamgee *my SO named him* Caleb is a very nice bunny while Gamgee is well....tolerant and that's about it lol but he really likes Caleb so I don't care too much that he doesn't like me or my SO.

Anyway thank you, I try to keep him at a good weight but I don't want him to get fat either...does about 800 grams sound about right for 10 months old?

Thanks

Smile Re: Updated pictures of Firefly :)

From what I can tell he looks in person perfect health. Each snake is different. I honestly have a 2 year old butter male who is only 500 grams. Absolutely nothing wrong with him, eats a rat almost every week just as wide as him. Just a tiny guy. As long as they look healthy, they should be round and spine not "peaked". Meaning looks sharper because hes underweight.
    0.2 normal, 1.0 Butter, 1.1 Fire, 1.0 Pastel, 0.1 Spider, .1 Pastel Het Clown

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Kyle's right, even siblings can grow at totally opposite rates and still be healthy, which is all that matters.

Looks like you're doing a good job.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

Thanks

thanks guys, like I said he's my first one so I wanted to make sure he wasn't getting fat, he's on small rats at the moment but we've had to feed 2 of them now for the last couple weeks so we're going to switch to medium rats when we run out. I'm not trying to overfeed him I'm just going by the 10-15% rule and it's between 10-15% of his weight....I have to weigh him tomorrow to make sure we're still on the right track. I'll make sure to put his official weight on here

Thanks

There's no reason to follow the 10-15% "rule". My adult males are still eating a single small rat in a sitting.
    At 800g, a small rat once a week would be plenty in my opinion.
    0.2 Caramel Albino, 0.1 Caravanah, 0.1 Mojave Bumblebee, 0.1 Butter Pinstripe, 0.0.1 Normal, 1.0 Fire, 1.0 Spider, 1.0 Pastel Calico

0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Iris
    1.1 Boa Constrictor Constrictor - Scarlet & Handsome Jack
    1.0 Woma Python - Nigel
    0.1 Corn Snake - Maisie
    1.1 Red Eared Sliders - Esteban & Dolores

Thanks

Why not do the 10-15% rule? he is officially 870 grams and in blue so he'll shed soon and since he's 2 feet 5 inches it should be a good shed