Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,334

2 members and 3,332 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Basking spot was at about 104 today. He came in the mail this morning and seems to be doing great.. A lot of huffing when I got him out of the box lol. He has eaten a little already and been out basking some.

I will try and get some pics of him.. Haven't wanted to disturb him while he is settling in, but I may be able to take some pics while he is in the enclosure tomorrow.

He is actually bigger than I thought he would be.. In the ad, the seller said they were about 12" or a little over.. I think he's more like 15-16'. He seems to be in great shape.. No sign of mites, etc. He's sneezed a few times, but I'm assuming that is due to the change in environment.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

2. The Following User Says Thank You to artgecko For This Useful Post:

jclaiborne (06-03-2015)

Thanks
    Very Cool! Can't wait to see. My guys still huff at me quite a bit, and have only tried to bite once. You will love its personality once it is settled in. The sneezing shouldn't be too big of a deal as long as it isn't constant.
    SNAKES
    1.0 Childrens Python
    LIZARDS
    0.1 B&W Tegu, 1.0 Bearded Dragon, 1.1 IJ Blue Tongue Skinks
    FROGS
    0.0.5 Dendrobates tinctorius 'Citronella'
    DOGS
    1.0 German Sherherd (Timber), 1.0 Wolf/Shepherd (Sabre), 1.0 Chihuahua (Taz), 0.1 Chihuahua (Penny), 0.1 Pitbull (Luna)

Thanks
    I finally took a pic of him.. The lighting isn't the best. It's a good sign that he didn't bolt when I took the lid off his tub. I am going to replace his basking rocks with a raised tile so that he has more room to move around under it.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

Thanks
    Very cool, it does have some size to it already, has it been taking meals from you pretty well? What are your humidity levels at? If you do the raised tile make sure he can't knock it over on himself, mine bulldoze everything, I use to prop things up and he kept crawling under them and lifting, which would knock them on top of him. My substrate was deep enough that he could dig out, but just something to watch out for.
    SNAKES
    1.0 Childrens Python
    LIZARDS
    FROGS
    DOGS
    1.0 German Sherherd (Timber), 1.0 Wolf/Shepherd (Sabre), 1.0 Chihuahua (Taz), 0.1 Chihuahua (Penny), 0.1 Pitbull (Luna)

Thanks
    Thanks, yeah... I think he is pretty big... Larger than I expected. He has already eaten some. I took the food out of his cage yesterday and will feed him again tomorrow... I plan on feeding 2-3 x a week and leaving the food in overnight then removing the next day.
    Humidity has been about 70-80%. I got the raised tile idea from someone on the BTS FB group. They said to use irrigation system pvc tubing (about 6-8" tall) and gorilla glue it to a tile, thus giving it "legs", then use a narrower tile as a ramp of sorts. I think it would be pretty stable, although I'm not sure about how to secure the "ramp".
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

Thanks

Re: Finally getting a BTS!

Quote Originally Posted by artgecko View Post
    Thanks, yeah... I think he is pretty big... Larger than I expected. He has already eaten some. I took the food out of his cage yesterday and will feed him again tomorrow... I plan on feeding 2-3 x a week and leaving the food in overnight then removing the next day.
    Humidity has been about 70-80%. I got the raised tile idea from someone on the BTS FB group. They said to use irrigation system pvc tubing (about 6-8" tall) and gorilla glue it to a tile, thus giving it "legs", then use a narrower tile as a ramp of sorts. I think it would be pretty stable, although I'm not sure about how to secure the "ramp".
    Nice, glad he is eating. It won't be long before there will be nothing left to leave in over night. I feed my adults twice a week. Put the food in before work, and once I get home it has been devoured. The PVC tubing is a good idea, it will make it stable. as far as securing the ramp you could probably silicone it on and let it dry overnight, or use something like liquid nail or similar adhesive, then just keep it out of the cage long enough to fully cure.
    SNAKES
    1.0 Childrens Python
    LIZARDS
    FROGS
    DOGS

Thanks
    That's a good idea.. I'll have to try that. He seems to be adjusting pretty well too. I had to change water again today and he stayed on his basking spot and only huffed when I had to move his tail out of the dish to remove it. I may try hand-feeding him tomorrow and see how that goes.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

9. The Following User Says Thank You to artgecko For This Useful Post:

jclaiborne (06-05-2015)

Thanks

Re: Finally getting a BTS!

Quote Originally Posted by artgecko View Post
    That's a good idea.. I'll have to try that. He seems to be adjusting pretty well too. I had to change water again today and he stayed on his basking spot and only huffed when I had to move his tail out of the dish to remove it. I may try hand-feeding him tomorrow and see how that goes.
    If you see that he is a little hand shy when you try to feed him, get a spoon and put some food on that to give him a little distance and see how that works out.
    SNAKES
    1.0 Childrens Python
    LIZARDS
    FROGS
    DOGS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123