Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,427

2 members and 2,425 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,126
Threads: 248,571
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Stephendici
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

What gives away a het. Clown

Hey everyone,

i have heared multiple people say now that they where pretty confident they could pick out the animals that are het. Clown out if a possible het. Clown clutch

can anyone tell me what it is they are looking for and does anyone have pictures of what gives a het. Clown away?

i have also seen people on this forum say " i bet she'll prove out" about a poss het. Clown so please tell me and show me what it is that makes people so sure an poss het. Clown is a het clown

thanks,

Andrew
    Last edited by ARBallMorphs; 05-21-2015 at 03:13 AM.
    YouTube channel; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCue...yj1vBeeIUZVl2Q

Females;
    Normal 100% het. Hypo, Lesser Pastel, Super Fire, Leopard, Mojave, Pastel het. Piebald, Orange Ghost, Pastel 100% het. Clown, Normal (very clean and reduced patterned) 100% het. Clown, Enchi, Pinstripe, Black Pewter, Albino 100% het. Piebald, Normal 66% ph Hypo, Normal 66% ph Piebald

Males;
    Clown, Super Pastel Calico, HGWG, Pastel 100% het Piebald, Cardamon Fire 50% ph Hypo, Banana, GHI, Cinnamon 66%ph Pieb
    ald

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts

Re: What gives away a het. Clown

Quote Originally Posted by ARBallMorphs View Post
    Hey everyone,

i have heared multiple people say now that they where pretty confident they could pick out the animals that are het. Clown out if a possible het. Clown clutch

can anyone tell me what it is they are looking for and does anyone have pictures of what gives a het. Clown away?

i have also seen people on this forum say " i bet she'll prove out" about a poss het. Clown so please tell me and show me what it is that makes people so sure an poss het. Clown is a het clown

thanks,

Andrew
    It's hard to say exactly. Take a look at my lesser het clown (ph ghost):

Would you say she looks like your every day lesser? No .. The dots in the alien heads are also faded with a dark outlining - typically they're a solid color. That's the biggest / strangest thing I've noticed, but even her overall color. The dorsal spots / coloration doesn't match the side pattern. Typical lessers / butters have matching colors, or it's darker - not brighter. But even just glancing at her, she reminds me of a hinting GHI influence in GHI lessers. I'm not saying she looks like a GHI lesser, but if you take a look at how the coloration in GHI lessers changes, as well as the patterning, there are similarities in HOW the colors differ (again - not saying my lesser looks like a ghi lesser, or has similar color.... just HOW the GHI influences the lesser GHI...).
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to h00blah For This Useful Post:

ARBallMorphs (05-21-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    All of the het clowns I have, have a sharpness to their pattern. I can pick out my double hets (het clown/hypo) from any other hets I have pretty easily, they just have a different look to them. While I feel het hypo adds a bit to the color, het clown seems to change the pattern slightly and others have said it gives a little to the color also.

I should have a clutch of Pastel hypo het clown x albino eggs hatching sometime in the future (couple weeks I think), I will post the clutch and point out which ones I think will prove out, it's only 4 eggs so I'll be keeping the whole clutch so I can see which ones do prove out.
    Last edited by OhhWatALoser; 05-21-2015 at 04:18 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OhhWatALoser For This Useful Post:

ARBallMorphs (05-21-2015),h00blah (05-21-2015)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

What gives away a het. Clown

I think in many cases the het clowns have a funky or a generally cleaner pattern. I have one visual clown and 3 hets. My normal 100% het has a clean, funky pattern. Lesser 100% clown is clean, no alien heads and some dorsal striping. Then my pinstripe is only a 50% het but @ 500g he is as bright as a lemon blast while his clutch mates were all dark so I'm hoping he will prove out.
    Here's a pic of my lesser het locked up with my normal het
    Last edited by aLittleLessButter; 05-21-2015 at 05:08 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to aLittleLessButter For This Useful Post:

ARBallMorphs (05-21-2015)

Thanks
    Good luck with the eggs(if there will be any or are any).

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aLittleLessButter View Post
    I think in many cases the het clowns have a funky or a generally cleaner pattern. I have one visual clown and 3 hets. My normal 100% het has a clean, funky pattern. Lesser 100% clown is clean, no alien heads and some dorsal striping. Then my pinstripe is only a 50% het but @ 500g he is as bright as a lemon blast while his clutch mates were all dark so I'm hoping he will prove out.
    Here's a pic of my lesser het locked up with my normal het
    I love the color of your lesser het clown !
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

Thanks

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    All of the het clowns I have, have a sharpness to their pattern. I can pick out my double hets (het clown/hypo) from any other hets I have pretty easily, they just have a different look to them. While I feel het hypo adds a bit to the color, het clown seems to change the pattern slightly and others have said it gives a little to the color also.

I should have a clutch of Pastel hypo het clown x albino eggs hatching sometime in the future (couple weeks I think), I will post the clutch and point out which ones I think will prove out, it's only 4 eggs so I'll be keeping the whole clutch so I can see which ones do prove out.
    Yes please do post a picture of the clutch so i can learn/see why you think those will be het. Clown

Females;
    Normal 100% het. Hypo, Lesser Pastel, Super Fire, Leopard, Mojave, Pastel het. Piebald, Orange Ghost, Pastel 100% het. Clown, Normal (very clean and reduced patterned) 100% het. Clown, Enchi, Pinstripe, Black Pewter, Albino 100% het. Piebald, Normal 66% ph Hypo, Normal 66% ph Piebald

Males;
    Clown, Super Pastel Calico, HGWG, Pastel 100% het Piebald, Cardamon Fire 50% ph Hypo, Banana, GHI, Cinnamon 66%ph Pieb
    ald

Thanks

"ALittleLessButter" Your lesser looks exactly like my female lesser, no alien heads just round crisp circles.. from her head/neck area down 4 inches is a stripe then it breaks up until 6 inches or so before the end of her tail and then its stripped again. I bought her from a young girl who told me she was a lesser.. But lately i've been seeing people post pictures of lessers that look more like my mojave then my lesser. Until seeing your lesser I was beginning to think she was a butter or different morph then lesser because of all those pictures of lessers i thought looked like mojave's. I wonder if my lesser is het clown because other then the size difference (mine is smaller) the color and pattern of yours vs mine is almost identical.
    1.0 Mojave Orange Ghost
    1.0 Lemon Pastel Bumblebee
    1.0 Banana/Coral Glow
    0.1 Super Specter
    0.1 Lesser
    0.1 Fire YB Pewter

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Well I just cut the eggs about 5 minutes ago, looks like I have a case of retained sperm since all 4 eggs were albinos....she hasn't laid in 2 years, so you would think my male would of got her. We did bred the same male to another albino that might go this year, but looks like I am a ways away from pos het clowns.

Thanks
    ah that's to bad,

but atleast you got some albino's for it

Females;

Males;
    ald

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast