Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,125

2 members and 3,123 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Possible shed? and some questions regarding the russo white diamond

Hi everyone,

I had a few questions regarding my BEL. First, can anyone tell me if she looks like shes about to go into shed soon? Her belly isn't that pink and shes been a pinkish color since I've acquired her a month ago. The skin around her neck is noticeably wrinkly than it normally is so I upped her humidity in her enclosure to 80% in case shes going into shed. Can anyone help me confirm this? Shes also been holding her poo as well, which leads me to think shes going to give me the double whammy combo deal -- [Shed+poo] (shes had about 5 rat fuzzies thus far).

My last question is in regards to her lineage. If you look at the pictures above, she has slight patterning down her spine which confuses because I thought white diamonds were suppose to be one of the purest of the BEL's with the exception of maybe a Lesser x Mojave. I saw a picture of a white diamond with a yellow stripe going down its back which sort of bums me out because my SO went out of her way to find a white diamond over the other combos.
    Last edited by Mittens; 05-08-2015 at 12:19 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ball Python (Lucille Ball) - Super Russo / White Diamond [Born Nov. 2014]

Thanks

Re: Possible shed? and some questions regarding the russo white diamond

I love the white patterning. My buddy has a pure white White Diamond, and I prefer them with a faint dorsal pattern in white/cream/ivory. I think yours looks AWESOME!!
    1.0 albino pastel - Alpharius
    1.0 cinnamon enchi ghost - Ezekyle Abaddon aka Abaddon the Despoiler
    1.0 lemon blast yellow belly - Rogal Dorn
    1.0 mojave spider orange ghost - Fulgrim
    1.0 super Russo BEL -Omegon

Thanks

The faint pattern is so awesome! Personally I like that better than solid white.

I usually go on they eyes for shedding. If her eyes are looking milky white then she's going into shed. Your pics look like she is not. But there's not a super clear shot of the eyes.
    Black Pastel Het Pied Male (8-2-14)
    Pied Female (9-1-14)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tylerobert For This Useful Post:

Mittens (05-14-2015)

Thanks
    Quick update, I think she's in blue now. Excited for her first shed! (and hopefully she poops with it too)

We got her at 117g April 9th,

As of today, she is 190g (with poo). I didn't expect this much growth in just one month (I blame my crested gecko background, those buggers REALLY take their time to grow).

Last edited by Mittens; 05-14-2015 at 06:27 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    She looks really nice. I don't have any personal experience with these, but I believe it's common for leucys to start out more pink-ish as babies (the scales and skin are more transparent) and they get whiter as they get older.

She doesn't look ready to "pop" as far as poo goes...she might....but don't freak out if she doesn't. Growing ball pythons are very efficient at digesting their food because it takes a lot of energy to grow. She may eat several more meals before she builds up enough waste material to eliminate.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    She looks really nice. I don't have any personal experience with these, but I believe it's common for leucys to start out more pink-ish as babies (the scales and skin are more transparent) and they get whiter as they get older.

She doesn't look ready to "pop" as far as poo goes...she might....but don't freak out if she doesn't. Growing ball pythons are very efficient at digesting their food because it takes a lot of energy to grow. She may eat several more meals before she builds up enough waste material to eliminate.
    This is some interesting stuff, thank you for your insight. I was just worried because shes had about 7 rat fuzzies and still has not had a bowel movement. I have been keeping her on her normal feeding schedule regardless though.