Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,510

5 members and 2,505 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,568
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Re: Hypo vs. Orange ghost?

Quote Originally Posted by artgecko View Post
    OWAL- Thanks for that information. I wasn't aware that lesser has a hypo effect. The only reason I'm really entertaining a lesser male is that I have a pastave and i'd love to produce BELS.. I find the mojave / mojave BELs grey heads too dark for my taste, so lesser seems to be my only other option.

I don't necessarily have to stick with one male though... I could purchase a hypo enchi to work with hypos and then something like a enchi lesser or fire lesser to work towards BELs. I also have an interest in sugar / calico, but have never seen a hypo sugar / calico, so I'm not sure if that is a good combination.
    Lesser is pretty much your only option with mojave as far as pure white BEL, mojave can do some cool things with mystic/phantom, you might be interested in those combos. All of those genes are part of the same complex, so if you are unaware of what that means, look into it before you buy one to breed. In short it means if you made a mojave/mystic (called a mystic potion), and bred that to a normal, all you would get is mojaves and mystics, no normals and no mystic potions. mojave/phantom is called a purple passion (there is a debate on if mystic and phantom are the same gene). But say you got a Lesser/Mystic, which would look like a BEL with a chance of slight pattern, and bred it to your pastave, you could produce BEL, pastel potions, potions, and everything inbetween. Just something to think about if you want more options other than BEL.

Enchi lesser might be an interesting one to pair to a mojave also, I have a theory that the BEL enchi might bring some color back. Shouldn't be long before someone produces one and we can see. Sugar/Calicos are hit or miss imo. The good ones look awesome, but the ones that don't show much could almost be mistaken as normals. But if you have one of good ones, hypo can make it only look better.

I can't think of anything that hypo doesn't make look better, sure some combos it has less of an effect, but I don't think it makes anything look worse. Even by itself I still love the hypo gene, probably why it is the most common gene in my collection.
    Last edited by OhhWatALoser; 05-09-2015 at 07:19 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply OWAL. I had not even considered mystics.. I will have to look into that option. I also like the lesser/enchi and lesser/mystic ideas too... So many options. Now I see how easy it can be to end up with a large collection of snakes lol.

I will have to put some more thought into this. It may come down to finding a good example of some of the options above. I will let you guys know when I make my next purchase and thanks again for all of your help!
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123