Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,181

1 members and 3,180 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,568
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
    Thanks

Little bit of a dilemma

Alright so a few months ago I had won a few snakes in an auction. And I went to pick them up last weekend finally. But here is the thing, they didn't separate any of them by sex or morph. Here is the list of what I picked up
    1.1 normal het clown
    1.1 normal het caramel
    0.1 Russo het clown
    0.1 normal
    Now I know there is no way to tell what het is what, but my question is, are there any traits that can separate a Russo from a normal? Because in the future I really don't want to accidents pair the wrong combos together.

Thanks

Re: Little bit of a dilemma

Accidentally**

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    They had all those hets just bunched together without any labels? Do you have any pictures to reference? If you've got labeled pictures of the individual animals, it's easy to match up their patterns, and we can help with that, if you need it. But if I bought a group of hets like that, and they were just given all at once without a single label about which was which, I would give them right back and demand my money back.

Someone might be able to pick the Russo out of a crowd, but honestly, I wouldn't try to do so myself, and that one positive identification wouldn't help you out with the rest of that mess.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Yea the had the containers mixed with hets, had the 1.1 het clowns in with the Russo, they are babies.The het caramel pair is breeding ready and they were in separate but unlabeled bags. And then the 1.1 het clowns were in with my POG. Just didn't know if anyone had an idea of how to pick out a Russo from a normal

Thanks

And they were labeled, but just had 3 per container.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,874 Times in 4,783 Posts
    So long story short, you have 1.1 normal het clowns and 0.1 Russo het clowns to differentiate? The male should be easy to pick out, especially if they're babies - you can pop them. Once that's done post pics of the two females.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wrightsnakes View Post
    Yea the had the containers mixed with hets, had the 1.1 het clowns in with the Russo, they are babies.The het caramel pair is breeding ready and they were in separate but unlabeled bags. And then the 1.1 het clowns were in with my POG. Just didn't know if anyone had an idea of how to pick out a Russo from a normal
    Ahhhh, ok. Not quite the cluster it sounded like at first! That's good to hear.

Yeah, as bcr229 says, sex the trio with the het clowns and then post the pictures of the two females. There are always folks here with a good eye for those more subtle morphs.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,391 Posts
    keep in mind I am not a breeder, but for me, unless the breeder a person picks up a 'het' from keeps meticulous records. I would consider all hets to be normals. If there are poor records there is no guarantee they even could be a het at all.

BPnet Veteran Slowcountry Balls's Avatar
    Thanks
    When you post pictures, I am sure more people will chime in, but since the Russo is a Blue Eye Leucistic (BEL) complex animal, I would look for single eyed alien heads. They seem to appear on almost all the BEL complex animals.

Thanks

Here is pics of all three of them. Hopefully someone can pick the Russo out of the bunch lol, the way I have them as of now is male het clown, female het clown, then the Russo. But I'll let you guys decide from the pick of all three lined up.