Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,296

3 members and 3,293 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Het red BP info needed.

I am a little confused. A breeder in my local area is selling a het red BP. I have tried searching around the internet to see exactly what is this morph about. All I have learned so far is that they are a co dom morph and look similar to a cinnamon. Is this morph the same as a het red axanthic because somewhere I read that that the het red is co dom and the het red axanthic is a super form? I also want to know what these animals are worth. This breeder is selling a 2013 female for $175, which in my opinion is a good a price for a morph I do not have but if it is that cheap, is it anything special? And if anyone has pictures of them without other mixed morphs, can you please post it for me? Thank you.

Thanks
    Het red is the same as het red axanthic. Red Axanthic is the super form.

Thanks

Re: Het red BP info needed.

Quote Originally Posted by BCS View Post
    I am a little confused. A breeder in my local area is selling a het red BP. I have tried searching around the internet to see exactly what is this morph about. All I have learned so far is that they are a co dom morph and look similar to a cinnamon. Is this morph the same as a het red axanthic because somewhere I read that that the het red is co dom and the het red axanthic is a super form? I also want to know what these animals are worth. This breeder is selling a 2013 female for $175, which in my opinion is a good a price for a morph I do not have but if it is that cheap, is it anything special? And if anyone has pictures of them without other mixed morphs, can you please post it for me? Thank you.
    Hopefully I can be helpful, let me know if I miss anything.

All I have learned so far is that they are a co dom morph and look similar to a cinnamon. - Het Red Axanthic (HRA) is allelic to cinnamon/black pastel just like fire/vanilla or yellowbelly/specter.

Is this morph the same as a het red axanthic because somewhere I read that that the het red is co dom and the het red axanthic is a super form? - The super form of HRA axanthic is Red Axanthic.

I also want to know what these animals are worth. This breeder is selling a 2013 female for $175, which in my opinion is a good a price for a morph I do not have but if it is that cheap, is it anything special? - HRA is a subtle morph, and combined with the fact that many people are confused about genetics, it doesnt sell for a lot of money. It seems to be priced similar to pastels, with adult breeder females going for $200-$300+. Its hard to value what kind of deal youre getting without knowing how much she weighs.

Here are a few pics:

Adult Female HRA

Sub Adult (1100g) Gargoyle - Cinnamon x HRA

HRA Clutch - From Left to Right: Gargoyle, Pastel Butter HRA, Butter HRA, Butter
    Last edited by aalomon; 05-01-2015 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Fixed Pictures