Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,352

2 members and 3,350 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

My first Repticon

Hello all,

I'll be attending my first Repticon in June, so my question is, does anyone have any tips they would like to share with a first timer? Should I bring purell or something to keep from transferring germs from one snake to the other? What price ranges should I expect for pythons, boas, corn and rat snakes? Price ranges for supplies, that sort of thing. Any tips or advice anyone can give would be great. I'm really looking forward to seeing everything!

Thanks
    Be prepared to WANT more than you have space for and more than you can afford. Lol

Thanks

Re: My first Repticon

Quote Originally Posted by lorrainesmom View Post
    Hello all,

I'll be attending my first Repticon in June, so my question is, does anyone have any tips they would like to share with a first timer? Should I bring purell or something to keep from transferring germs from one snake to the other? What price ranges should I expect for pythons, boas, corn and rat snakes? Price ranges for supplies, that sort of thing. Any tips or advice anyone can give would be great. I'm really looking forward to seeing everything!
    You dont need to bring purell because every vendor will have that on their table and they will require you to sanitize your hands befor handling any animal.

You gonna find animal with diffirent prices from $20 to $10000+

Ask many question to the breeder even if the questions are a little silly the will be happy to answer

Lastly have fun
    -Chris

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fLako0aGuiiLaR For This Useful Post:

lorrainesmom (04-26-2015)

Thanks
    Oh thanks, another question, would I need to bring my own carry box? And what sells for 10000? Not that I have that kind of cash, but curiosity wins out..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lorrainesmom View Post
    Oh thanks, another question, would I need to bring my own carry box? And what sells for 10000? Not that I have that kind of cash, but curiosity wins out..
    Not the vendor will provide a snake bag or a deli cup to transport the animal

the last time i went to NARBC Arlington i saw a pair of hets sunsets for 25,000
    -Chris

Thanks

Above a certain price and the vendor usually doesn't write them down. There were also scaleless heads at that NARBC Arlington show that were 50 - 60 grand a piece.

Other than these, which are actually not so common at smaller shows (at least around here), you can usually expect animals at shows to be slightly cheaper than online though they may still vary greatly from table to table. Not all vendors at the local repticon or other shows here have hand sanitizer or require you to use it before you touch, so bringing your own might actually be a good idea. I try to make it to a show every month, and I have to say the biggest problem for me is holding on to whatever money I walked in with.

It's like being a kid in a candy store that has all your favorite things but smells kind of funny.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Daigga For This Useful Post:

lorrainesmom (04-27-2015)