Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,212

0 members and 3,212 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

BP makes sounds?

I have a 4th old ghost. And i heard him make like a cry noise of some sort. what might it be? He ate an hour ago perfectly fine, and it was a perfect size for him. Any help kinda worried it could be something else.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,948 Posts
    This is going to sound like it's coming from left field, but are you sure you know which end the sound came out of? I've been surprised/confused/disgusted/impressed by a few noises coming out of my own snakes only to realize that I had a fun mess to clean up shortly after.

If in fact that it wasn't a "digestive noise", just keep an eye/ear out for him. If it continues to happen on a regular basis, then it would be worth looking into. For now, I'd probably just chalk it up to "BPs are weird" and not get too stressed out over it.
    Find me on Facebook: E.B. Ball Pythons and Instagram: @EBBallPythons

Thanks

Re: BP makes sounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Alan View Post
    This is going to sound like it's coming from left field, but are you sure you know which end the sound came out of? I've been surprised/confused/disgusted/impressed by a few noises coming out of my own snakes only to realize that I had a fun mess to clean up shortly after.

If in fact that it wasn't a "digestive noise", just keep an eye/ear out for him. If it continues to happen on a regular basis, then it would be worth looking into. For now, I'd probably just chalk it up to "BPs are weird" and not get too stressed out over it.
    I dont know. hes not to far from my bed so i can see him and his mouth was alittle open. Hes moving around alittle like exploring because i put new fake plants. He made the noise a few times already and it looks like hes going to shed pretty soon. ( hes dull and eyes changed color so i raised his humidity to 60-70%.

Thanks
    Check his nostrils? A stuck piece of shed can cause a whistle. I've heard them squeak randomly too, from which end, I have no clue lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Srt_529 View Post
    I dont know. hes not to far from my bed so i can see him and his mouth was alittle open. Hes moving around alittle like exploring because i put new fake plants. He made the noise a few times already and it looks like hes going to shed pretty soon. ( hes dull and eyes changed color so i raised his humidity to 60-70%.
    Funny story - when I figured out where my snake's digestive noises were coming from, they also had their mouths open. It looked completely uncomfortable. It's like they had to open themselves up completely in order to avoid a pressure vacuum or something.

Since he's close to shedding, it could certainly be a piece of loose skin in his nose causing him to whistle a bit. That'd be perfectly normal too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magicmed View Post
    Check his nostrils? A stuck piece of shed can cause a whistle. I've heard them squeak randomly too, from which end, I have no clue lol.
    I had him out before the feed. I always check him out when i take him out but he seemed clear. ( kind of paranoid sinces hes my first snake and im trying to learn as much as possible). Would humidity or temp cause any type of cryish sound.

Thanks

Funny story - when I figured out where my snake's digestive noises were coming from, they also had their mouths open. It looked completely uncomfortable. It's like they had to open themselves up completely in order to avoid a pressure vacuum or something.

Since he's close to shedding, it could certainly be a piece of loose skin in his nose causing him to whistle a bit. That'd be perfectly normal too.
    Lol that would be a wierd sound if its coming from the end because it was loud and definitely startled me. hopefully it is just the shedding and not anything else. This would be my first shed with him

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magicmed View Post
    I just fed him about a hr ago and he looks like hes settled down to digest which he picked in far corner and dont want to bother him afrer a meal but he looked clear before the meal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Srt_529 View Post
    Would humidity or temp cause any type of cryish sound.
    Low temps/humidity can increase conditions for, but not cause, respiratory infections. It's kind of like just being out in the cold will not give you a cold - you have to catch a cold from someone. Some things to be on the lookout for would be nasal discharge, open mouth breathing (holding their head up in the air), and wheezing.

Like I said earlier though, it's probably not likely to be a RI, but it certainly doesn't hurt to be diligent in your observations (like you already seem to be).

Thanks

Low temps/humidity can increase conditions for, but not cause, respiratory infections. It's kind of like just being out in the cold will not give you a cold - you have to catch a cold from someone. Some things to be on the lookout for would be nasal discharge, open mouth breathing (holding their head up in the air), and wheezing.

Like I said earlier though, it's probably not likely to be a RI, but it certainly doesn't hurt to be diligent in your observations (like you already seem to be).
    Thanks alot of the help. Really appreciate it. His eyes and color are getting dull so hopefully its just part of the shedding process because the pass 2days hes been in his hide without budging.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast