Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,244

1 members and 3,243 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks
    Lately my 8 month old female BP is only using her hot side hide, she comes over to the cool side but lays against the glass and doesn't go into her cool hide. All the temps are still the same, 90-92 hot/ 79-81 cool/ 50-55 humidity. Her hides fit her well, not to big not to small. Just wondering if anyone else has experianced this?

Thanks
    Yep, ever since I got Pelota, she's been on the warm side 90% of the time. She does explore her cage at night, and seems to chill out on the cooler side of the tank, but the only hide she uses is the warm hide. And they're both the same sized clay flower pot bottoms. I guess she just prefers warmth.

One thing I can mention is to up the cool sides temps a bit, so they're around 83 degrees. It may be a bit too cool for her liking. Or, if the hides are different, maybe she favors that particular hide for some reason..like she feels safer in it. I dunno. But I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    2.0 python regius - Ace(pastel) and Pelota(cross-dresser )

Thanks
    My bp acutally uses his cool side hide all of the time (at least during the day), and never goes in his warm one. I think his warm side hide has been about 2 or 3 degrees warmer than the very back of the tank next to the hide. He seems to be happy enough if he wants to get a little warmer to go over there.

He is probably much happier in his cool side, since it's more enclosed.
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959

Thanks
    I have BP's that spend the day on the hot side and ones that set up camp on the cold side, one thing to always remeber is that Snakes are no different that us some like it hot some dont so long as they are eating pooping and doing everything else normal no reason to worrie. I have one BP that spends better than half is day soaking, he has been checked for everything I have come to the conclusion that he jsut like to soak.
    -Sean
    Mazdaspeed 3, yeah its silly fast!

Thanks
    Apollo's a weird one too... he stays on his cool side, but he burrows under the newspaper. why, i'll never know... he has 4 different sized hides, one is too small, one is perfect, one is too big and the other is a half log. he has many choices of sleeping spots... the ground temps are where they're supposed to be, too. but, no, he chills under the newspaper just about 24/7.
    1.1 bps- Apollo & Pandora ♥