Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,360

0 members and 1,360 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,108
Threads: 248,549
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, charcharbinks
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

BP getting high(er) !

Thursday night I had young Mr Burrows out for about an hour; I would handle for 5-10 minutes, then let him wander off to explore. One time I had him around neck and walked past a tall cabinet and he seemed suddenly fascinated by it - he periscoped up and wanted to check out the top.
    But first I thought I'd make it a little better so then next day I put a repti-carpet down and some other extra tank decor to make sure he couldn't slip down behind it, and a small hide. Sunday night was "go time" and I helped while he climbed up to the top and made himself comfortable.
    The movie of his ascent came out too dark but I turned up the lights for a few minutes to capture him while up there, keeping a watch over everything happening down below.

Once I turned the lights down again he settled back down with his head resting on top of the hide. Then after about another 20 minutes:

His head was completely on the other side of the doorway but there was nothing to grab onto, and I wasn't sure if he could get back up on top the cabinet so I put my hand under and helped him eventually return to the cabinet and then brought him back down to earth.
    After a little more adventuring on and around the sofa he seemed to be tiring out so I gave him a wipe down with damp paper towels which he seems to like, and then he willingly went back into the enclosure. Total time out was around 90 minutes, about 30-40 of that involved handling.

It's tough to balance lighting - keeping it dark enough that he's comfortable and at ease and bright enough that the video is clear but I'll try to come up with something that works better.
    Last edited by The Golem; 04-06-2015 at 06:48 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The Golem For This Useful Post:

SnakeBalls (04-06-2015)