Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,179

1 members and 3,178 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Re: Feeding live?

Quote Originally Posted by Skiploder View Post
    Are you putting words into mouth?

Did I say I fed live?
    I was generalising as it seems that feeding LIVE is the norm in the US .

Its simply not considered as acceptable in England and indeed Ireland as the Irish forum have banned ANY discussions on the subject as its regarded as barbaric .

Anyways I'm done in these LIVE feeding threads .

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The problem here may be cultural but the biggest part of it is just ignorance apparently some people choose to remain ignorant no matter what

That's what happen when you choose not to try anything new, not to question anything and simply regurgitate the same thing over and over again because you read it somewhere.

Do you know how your feeders are euthanized anyway? I bet not, you probably couldn't stomach doing it yourself anyway, well let me tell you when done in massive numbers like that it's not as fast as you think and if not done properly (again there is a right way to do it) it can be highly stressful and painful too, when the snakes dispatch the prey it's fast and painless.

BTW I am not from the US I am from Europe just like you, the difference I base my recommendations on EXPERIENCE and I believe in EDUCATING not scaring, I also don't believe being better than someone because of the prey I chose to feed.

Anyway you can lead a horse to the water......
    Deborah Stewart

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

200xth (04-04-2015),anicatgirl (04-06-2015),D1C (04-05-2015),Darkbird (04-06-2015),MarkS (04-06-2015),pariahdog (04-04-2015),se7en (04-04-2015)

Thanks

Re: The Live vs F/T debate

Quote Originally Posted by Daigga View Post
    [FONT=Verdana]

Oh look, you posted one of those pictures just like Deborah said you would. That disgusting imagery is the result of an improper live feeding, do not assume a responsible owner would ever allow that to happen on their watch. Any excuse for that is a bad excuse.

How ridiculous that anyone could believe allowing an animal to die by a snake is any more barbaric than gassing it... On the contrary, the forbidding of such discussions is the height of ignorance. A proper community will at the very least provide reasons and examples based on real experience, not heresy based in something you read online or a graphic picture taken by someone who clearly had no clue what they were doing. Your crime is talking down to people and trying to make out owners who feed live as bad people. I do not care what you feed your own animals, I really don't. But when you come here and make owners who feed live out to be bad people I have a problem. I have read what you say, and have to admit so much of your argument is based on feelings and stories you've heard that clearly came from unreliable sources.

I feed live to my snakes that refuse to eat f/t. Would they probably make the switch if I was persistent? Probably. Am I willing to take my juveniles or my breeding females off of food for as long as it takes, even if it takes months? Absolutely not. I know I can feed live without danger, and as I said before the end result is the same for the rat.

You're presuming that EVERYONE feeding LIVE are feeding responsively when we both know that many will just throw a LIVE mouse or rat in with all their snakes and simply presume that everything will be fine.

That PHOTO was taken from the Reptile Community Ireland Forum and you can read the facts about THAT poor snake there ..... it wasn't some random damaged snake photo lifted off the Internet .

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    You're presuming that EVERYONE feeding LIVE are feeding responsively when we both know that many will just throw a LIVE mouse or rat in with all their snakes and simply presume that everything will be fine.
    And you assume that everyone feeding live is just ignorant and irresponsible.

BTW I thought you were done
    Deborah Stewart

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

D1C (04-05-2015),MontyAndMelissa (04-04-2015),PitOnTheProwl (04-05-2015),se7en (04-04-2015)

Thanks

The Live vs F/T debate

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    And you assume that everyone feeding live is just ignorant and irresponsible.

:
    I've never said anyone is ignorant or irresponsible

Finally the thread title says DEBATE .... aren't there supposed to be more than one side in a debate ??

I'm only voicing an opinion shared by others in the UK and many , many other countries .
    It's hardly a one man mission ..
    Last edited by Zincubus; 04-04-2015 at 09:03 PM. Reason: egit

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

I am simply opposed to LIVE feeding , is that such a crime ?

In the Reptile Community Ireland forum , even DISCUSSING the feeding of LIVE is not allowed as it's regarded as barbaric.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...ive_prey_1.jpg
    More disingenuous, irrational, fear mongering attempting to scare newbies.
    It is okay to use pine bedding for snakes.
    It is okay to feed live food to snakes.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 200xth For This Useful Post:

D1C (04-05-2015),PitOnTheProwl (04-05-2015),se7en (04-04-2015),Stewart_Reptiles (04-05-2015)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I've never said anyone is ignorant or irresponsible
    Oh no you just act like it instead

Finally the thread title says DEBATE .... aren't there supposed to be more than one side in a debate ??
    The title says debate because of what it got turned into in case you did not notice I had to clean up the original thread

I'm only voicing an opinion shared by others in the UK and many , many other countries .
    It's hardly a one man mission ..
    Opinion which is based on regurgitated info that are not even representative of live feeding nor based on EXPERIENCED..............oh and now it's a mission

BTW weren't you done
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 04-05-2015 at 12:02 AM.
    Deborah Stewart

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

se7en (04-04-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 200xth View Post
    More disingenuous, irrational, fear mongering attempting to scare newbies.
    That photo is from the Reptile Community forum ( Ireland ).
    The story behind that sad photo is in the feeding section .

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

That photo is from the Reptile Community forum ( Ireland ).
    The story behind that sad photo is in the feeding section .
    So? Are you trying to tell people that happens all the time? That it's common?

In your experience, how often do incidents like that happen, and what generally causes them?
    It is okay to use pine bedding for snakes.
    It is okay to feed live food to snakes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 200xth View Post
    So? Are you trying to tell people that happens all the time? That it's common?

In your experience, how often do incidents like that happen, and what generally causes them?
    I'm saying that once is once too many when it could have easily been avoided .

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast