Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,210

2 members and 3,208 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Re: Feeding live?

Quote Originally Posted by 200xth View Post
    Again, you have zero actual experience and are trying to create fear about something you know zero about.
    Your mate has just confirmed that he's come across many a scarred snake in the wild .. is he making things up as well ??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by se7en View Post
    rats defecate and urinate at an astonishing rate.
    So do most mammals - humans included

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Your mate has just confirmed that he's come across many a scarred snake in the wild .. is he making things up as well ??
    I assume he didn't recommend catching wild rats that are starving, dehydrated, disease ridden, filled with parasites, completely stressed out, defensive, and feeding them to captive snakes.

Because I don't recommend that either.
    Last edited by 200xth; 04-04-2015 at 02:11 PM.
    It is okay to use pine bedding for snakes.
    It is okay to feed live food to snakes.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 200xth For This Useful Post:

se7en (04-04-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,669 Posts

Well the Internet is full of snakes injured / scarred / even killed by rodents fighting to stay alive when cornered in vivs plus you've confirmed that even in the wild many snakes are hurt and scarred ( probably losing an eye ) when they've ambushed a rodent .

So WHY on earth would you risk the health of your precious ( even expensive ) snakes when they are more than happy enough to eat a defrosted rodent ??? There are documented cases where snakes have stumbled across old decaying mammals and happily devoured them . There is no way I'd risk mine ... the adult Snow Boa I've shown off in other threads in here cost well over a $1,000 and he's a good looking boy .... I'm simply ensuring that he's staying that way
    The internet is full of idiots and trolls who love taking things out of context. I'm leaning you towards troll with the way you ignore most of a comment and just use the bits that suit your agenda. Google drowning. I think for your own safety you should refrain from swimming, showering, bathing and even drinking. Water is a highly documented killer after all and I would hate to see you fall victim to the monstrosity.

It's hilarious how you go from the "save the screaming baby rodents" moral stance to "simply ensuring the pristine state of my snake". Grasp at straws much?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to John1982 For This Useful Post:

se7en (04-04-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,669 Posts

If only you would read the whole post and apply that big brain of yours..
    Last edited by John1982; 04-04-2015 at 02:26 PM.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well the Internet is full of snakes injured / scarred / even killed by rodents fighting to stay alive when cornered in vivs plus you've confirmed that even in the wild many snakes are hurt and scarred ( probably losing an eye ) when they've ambushed a rodent .

So WHY on earth would you risk the health of your precious ( even expensive ) snakes when they are more than happy enough to eat a defrosted rodent ??? There are documented cases where snakes have stumbled across old decaying mammals and happily devoured them . There is no way I'd risk mine ... the adult Snow Boa I've shown off in other threads in here cost well over a $1,000 and he's a good looking boy .... I'm simply ensuring that he's staying that way
    I was wondering when you would bring this up, oh soooooooooo predictable I am surprised you did not post a picture yet.

The problem with all those terrible online stories that you read and believe is that they are not representative of responsible live feeding most are actually negligence such as leaving a rodent in an enclosure without food or water with a snake for days.

You and many before you always come out against live feeding with the same speach which is based on ZERO experience, and it's also funny are intolerant pro F/T feeders are when they really don’t have a clue.

Personally I don’t care what you feed or what anyone feeds for that matter, what I care about is that people who come here become knowledgeable when it comes to their options, they have choices and they should know the pro and cons of each options and choose the one that is best for them based on knowledge and not fear instigated in them by some pro F/T feeder with ZERO hands on experience on the subject….because that is not education.

I feed 250 live prey a month and have done so for 9 years (and that’s to my established collection this number does not include hatchlings during baby season), I also feed F/T to all my colubrids so I am not pro one or the other however I am experienced enough to know that both are fine when done RESPONSIBLY and I can also tell you that I have never had a single issue and I am not alone.

Here is something you have no clue about based on your statements a good feeder (if not snatched as it touch the floor of then enclosure) will often fall asleep or groom itself, far from that scary monster you describe but you would not know because you have NO IDEA what the keys are for proper live feeding.

Here are some food for the thoughts learn to expend your knowledge, learn to gain REAL experience instead of believing everything you read and or hear on the internet, and after that even if you still feel like F/T is best for you don't judge others who feel that live is best for them or make idiotic comments like you have because it make you lose any credibility you might have.
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 04-04-2015 at 02:42 PM.
    Deborah Stewart

9. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

200xth (04-04-2015),AlexisFitzy (04-05-2015),AmandaJ (04-05-2015),D1C (04-05-2015),Darkbird (04-06-2015),Dave Green (04-04-2015),Eric Alan (04-05-2015),JLC (04-04-2015),MarkS (04-06-2015),mohawk (04-05-2015),MontyAndMelissa (04-04-2015),nme0w (12-28-2017),pariahdog (04-04-2015),PitOnTheProwl (04-05-2015),Reinz (04-04-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    I was wondering when you would bring this up, oh soooooooooo predictable I am surprised you did not post a picture yet.

The problem with all those terrible online stories that you read and believe is that they are not representative of responsible live feeding most are actually negligence such as leaving a rodent in an enclosure without food or water with a snake for days.

You and many before you always come out against live feeding with the same speach which is based on ZERO experience, and it's also funny are intolerant pro F/T feeders are when they really don’t have a clue.

Personally I don’t care what you feed or what anyone feeds for that matter, what I care about is that people who come here become knowledgeable when it comes to their options, they have choices and they should know the pro and cons of each options and choose the one that is best for them based on knowledge and no fear instigated in them by some pro F/T feeder with ZERO hands on experience on the subject….because that is not education.

I feed 250 live prey a month and have done so for 9 years (and that’s to my established collection this number does not include hatchlings during baby season), I also feed F/T to all my colubrids so I am not pro one or the other however I am experienced enough to know that both are fine when done RESPONSIBLY and I can also tell you that I have never had a single issue and I am not alone.

Here is something you have no clue about based on your statements a good feeder (if not snatched as it touch the floor of then enclosure) will often fall asleep or groom itself, far from that scary monster you describe but you would not know because you have NO IDEA what the keys are for proper live feeding.

Here are some food for the thoughts learn to expend your knowledge, learn to gain REAL experience instead of believing everything you read and or hear on the internet, and after that even if you still feel like F/T is best for you don't judge others who feel that live is best for them or make idiotic comments like you have because it make you lose any credibility you might have.

This. Well said, Deborah.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to STjepkes For This Useful Post:

Stewart_Reptiles (04-04-2015)

Thanks

The Live vs F/T debate

Quote Originally Posted by John1982 View Post
    If only you would read the whole post and apply that big brain of yours..
    Well - Thankfully having a big - brain means that I don't have to resort to using childish personal insults
    Last edited by Zincubus; 04-04-2015 at 03:14 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by STjepkes View Post
    This. Well said, Deborah.
    Yes, but was Deborah's effort worth it for the OP's benefit? We've had this discussion with him/her before, and not too long ago. I thought we all settled to agree to disagree, especially since there were cultural issues at hand with the OP being a friend from the UK. This thread gives me pause, did s/he just want to stir the pot?

Hopefully at least Deb's words are not wasted and others will be educated by a nondiscrminating viewpoint.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

Stewart_Reptiles (04-04-2015)

Thanks

The Live vs F/T debate

Quote Originally Posted by Reinz View Post
    Yes, but was Deborah's effort worth it for the OP's benefit? We've had this discussion with him/her before, and not too long ago. I thought we all settled to agree to disagree, especially since there were cultural issues at hand with the OP being a friend from the UK. This thread gives me pause, did s/he just want to stir the pot?

Hopefully at least Deb's words are not wasted and others will be educated by a nondiscrminating viewpoint.
    I just love ALL living creatures ... as I've said before .... my heart sinks when I step on a snail in the dark .

I'm certainly not trolling ....
    Last edited by Zincubus; 04-04-2015 at 03:15 PM.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast