Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,282

3 members and 3,279 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feeding

Thanks
    Mlededee, I suspect that sense of smell is probably the largest part of recognizing immobile food, but I think it helps that I always put their food dish in the same place, even when I use a different dish. They learn where to look for the food.

TG, yeah, that could be exactly what he's thinking. My mister has stopped misting since I used it several times to shoot a stream of water at a couch-clawing kitten, so for the last couple of days I've had to carefully shoot the walls to splash water onto the leaves and avoid shooting geckos. I can't imagine what they must be thinking now when the water cannon appears. :lol:

Shaun, have you tried reading the caresheet I wrote?
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    ok,this is a revised schedule

4 crickets dusted with calcium or vitamins.if i decide to use both,one must have d3.the other shouldnt.I willl gutload them with oatmeal,apple,potato,corn meal,or dye and chemical free pet foods.EVery feeding will be M,W,F.Is this fine?

OR

CGD with Baby food every M,W,F

Please correct me if im wrong
    - The Member Formerly Known as Bpkid

Thanks
    Shaun, that sounds good about the crickets. I'd revise the other to be "CGD with baby food" instead of the other way around, and feed by hand on at least some non-cricket days so they get used to eating CGD.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans

Thanks
    thats what i meant sorry
    What i saw on the caresheet was that i can replace crickets and mealies with CGD and Baby food.Would you reccomend this?or is it not as healthy or something like that?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Marla, I can picture your cresties frantically trying to dodge water bombs fearing for their little lives!
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

Thanks
    No, it's fine. The most important things to remember, in no particular order, when feeding cresties are that:

*They need both protein and fruit in their diet and babies need more protein than adults, but should not have a prey-only diet.
    *If you feed them crickets often enough, many young cresties won't eat anything else and won't have a nutritionally balanced diet.
    *If you take away, you should add back -- weakening the CGD by adding baby food may make it taste better but it also makes it more important that you add calcium and vitamin supplements back in to it and/or as cricket coating.

Thanks
    Ok,so ill just mix small amounts of baby food,the CGD,and calcium w/ D3 and vitamins w/o D3

Thanks
    Yes, and stop BUMPing every post! People have other things to do, you know, and the post is already highlighted when they come to check for new ones.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigergenesis
    Marla, I can picture your cresties frantically trying to dodge water bombs fearing for their little lives!
    They don't seem to be quite *that* concerned but I'm sure they're feeling a bit uneasy ...

Thanks
    ok ill quit

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast