Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,266

4 members and 3,262 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Re: please help me I found a snake

Quote Originally Posted by Skiploder View Post
    That's it.

I'm done with you.

What the heck was this thread even about?
    Shouldn't you be misting your BP tank with the sandpaper and glass shard bedding. It's gotta be tough keeping that humidity up.

Someone found a snake and wasn't sure what to do with it.
    Last edited by 200xth; 03-16-2015 at 06:44 PM.
    It is okay to use pine bedding for snakes.
    It is okay to feed live food to snakes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 200xth For This Useful Post:

O'Mathghamhna (01-24-2016)

Thanks

What the heck was this thread even about?
    Reptile carpet I think.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SKO For This Useful Post:

200xth (03-16-2015),Forgotten (02-04-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SKO View Post
    Reptile carpet I think.
    Got it

Thanks
    This thread was definitely hijacked...and I just read through it stupidly.....but glad something was figures out for the snake.....sorry to the OP for the nonsense.
    1.0 black pastel dh ghost clown 'Ezio'
    1.0 "dinker" 'Coco'
    1.0 pastel lesser het clown 'Link'
    1.0 enchi het albino 'Master Chief'
    1.0 sable het hypo 'Sephiroth'
    1.0 bumblebee het hypo 'Leon'
    0.1 lesser het ghost 'Zelda'
    0.1 Mojave 'Tifa Lockhart'
    0.1 normal dh ghost clown 'Sophia'
    0.2 normal 'Baby' & 'Yuna'

BPnet Senior Member WarriorPrincess90's Avatar
    Thanks
    Even though your thread was derailed over a completely petty argument, I am very glad to hear the snake has found a good home. Thank you for caring about that animal's life and doing what you could to help, even if you were afraid. It speaks volumes.

- Nakita

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by python_addict View Post
    This thread was definitely hijacked...and I just read through it stupidly.....but glad something was figures out for the snake.....sorry to the OP for the nonsense.
    Seriously... I'm never going to get two minutes of my life on reading that crap...

To the OP, thanks for the update on the snake! Maybe this was meant to be your way of getting into the BP world. Anyways, welcome and I hope at least one day you'll be able to get over your fear (which really doesn't seem like you have) and get one of your own. Oh and we apologize for the bickering. Usually most people have more common sense than that.
    0.1 Reg. BP Het. Albino (Faye),
    1.0 Albino BP (Henry),
    0.1 Pastave BP Het. Pied (Kira)
    1.0 Pied BP (Sam)
    1.0 Bumble Bee BP (Izzy)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,501 Times in 711 Posts
    i like ice cream!

Thanks

I've moved on.

I use sand paper and glass. No more shedding issues.

I dare you to google it...no bad reviews so it must be good.
    Trade secret: use fiberglass insulation, it's nice and fluffy for burrowing and it really holds the heat well!

In all seriousness though, OP: you did an amazing job and that little snake has you to thank for saving its life. Not many people show such compassion and dedication for things that scare them. It's sad to see him go, but if you get really interested in reptiles you'll be able to enjoy them at your own pace. With any luck maybe your cousin will even give back the little guy you rescued! Don't let the disagreements in this thread detract from how you handled things. You owe yourself a hearty pat on the back!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AliceE View Post
    Hi everyone

I no longer have the snake. We called up my cousin this morning, the one I mentioned in the first post who used to have a ball python (I guess still has some of them). He is a few hours out but he agreed to come down and take a look after school so he met me at my house. He said it is a normal ball python and looked decent and is probably young but he said the breathing sounded bad and he would need a vet visit, and that was why he was probably put outside beause he is sick. Mom did not want to pay to take him to the vet so my cousin offered to take him and give him a home, he has a few others and said he would be brought to the vet and kept separate from the other snakes until he is better. He said he has most of the necessary things but will pick up what else he needs from the pet store on his way home.

He showed me some pictures of his snakes, he has gotten a few more since I remember last. he says they are all ball pythons but he called one a clown snake? It was really pretty. He has three total, four including the new one. I wont lie I am a little bit sad, I am afraid of snakes but I kind of liked him he was very curious and I was kind of warming up to him, I even petted him goodbye a little bit before they left.

Thank you for your help anyways, though. Maybe I will stick around and learn some more and get one of my own some day.
    Although I often enjoy the banter on here, I didn't really find this the time or place for it. 4-5 pages were definitely not needed for a NEW, YOUNGER member to our forum. Despite the back and forth, I'm pretty sure everyone on here is happy you took the time and had the caring heart to help a creature so far out of its element. Thank you for the update!
    1. het Pied 1. Albino 1. Lesser 1. Fire 1. OG 1. Pinstripe het VPI Axanthic 1. Mojave Enchi
    1. Bumblebee 1. Black Pastel Kingpin 1. Pastel Tiger
    .1 Pastel .1 Pastel het Pied .1 Calico .1 OG .1 Mojave het Lavender Albino .1 Lithium .1 Caramel Spider .1 Bumblebee .1 Bumblebee het Clown .1 Leopard
    1. Wild Caught Corn 1. Coral Snow Corn .1 Snow Corn .1 Butter Corn .1 Albino Reverse Okeetee Corn ?.? Frilled Dragon .2 Ferrets

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Viol8r For This Useful Post:

AdrianAlexander (01-24-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,669 Posts
    AliceE, I'm glad you were able to find a good home for the snake. To those complaining about derailment, wasted time, etc.. AliceE asked for advice on how to setup a snake. Their was a conflict of opinion on a discussion forum. I'm not sure what you were expecting if not a... discussion?

Seems to me the original poster would have been interested in hearing the reasoning behind differing opinions in regards to bedding adequacy. Besides a few outlying posts I think the thread stayed pretty on topic and pertinent. Fie on folks for trying to take a bit of dull out of a dullard in the process. I doubt it would have gone so far if the antagonist hadn't thrown the first "veiled" insult.

On one side we have several keepers with many years worth of experience keeping snakes on pine. I'm also sure many here have observed the abundance of thriving reptiles in pine forests.

Then we have "credentials" with zero firsthand experience preaching the gospel. Seemingly fond of regurgitating outdated nonsense that's been recycled since antiquity without question. It wouldn't surprise me if it all started with some "pioneer" keeping a snake on shredded fat lighter with a turpentine filled water dish.

If there was any part of the pine antagonist's argument that wasn't dealt with I'm sure they'd still be here posting away. I think we all can agree now that pine is fine, why else would it rhyme? -TM

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John1982 For This Useful Post:

200xth (03-19-2015),O'Mathghamhna (01-24-2016)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast