Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,768

2 members and 2,766 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks

Drop downs in signatures!

Hey,

Not sure if many will want this or find it useful, but I just thought I would post it anyway.

I've seen on a few other forums some drop downs that you can put into your signature which can show you what animals you own etc. It is a small line of BBCode, pretty simple to put in and figure out.

Unfortunately it seems that it doesn't work on this site, I don't know who would be able to get it working but I will post the code below with a small breakdown for you all to figure it out if it ever gets up and running.

[drop]
    [option]1.0.0 Royal Pythons[/option][option]1.1.0 Bearded Dragons[/option][/drop]

Okay the red [drop] is what you type to begin the code, so that it understands what follows will be used as a dropdown.

As with all code like this, [/drop] will be put at the end to signal the end of the code. These two will be in everyone's code.

[option] Now this denotes the start of a new option you wish to include, in this case 1.0.0 Royal Pythons and 1.1.0 Bearded Dragons. As with above, each [option]1.0.0 Royal Pythons must be closed off with [/option] for it to work.

Simple stuff really! Looks quite nice and could be a pretty sweet addition to stop massively long signatures for people with hundreds of different animals haha!

One more thing, between [drop][option] you can add a title to your drop down, for example [drop]My Reptiles[option], this will then be displayed in your box as default, and means you can add more boxes and people will know what they are just from the title e.g. [drop]My Tarantulas[option] or [drop]My Fish[option].

My apologies if this already exists and I just didn't figure it out, or if no one want's it, just thought it could be pretty cool.

Thanks,
    George.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I own:
    1.0 Reduced Normal Ball Python [Peter]
    0.1 Harlequin Crestie [Amelia]

The other half owns:
    1.0 Orange Dalmatian Crestie [Archie]
    0.1 Golden Dalmatian Crestie [Banana]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to George1994 For This Useful Post:

anicatgirl (03-18-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: Drop downs in signatures!

I have used this on other sites but it requires html to be enabled in posts - which can have security negatives from an admins point of view.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dr del For This Useful Post:

Bluebonnet Herp (03-19-2015)