Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,301

1 members and 3,300 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: Sneeze?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Sneeze?

I was sitting on the couch while marshall explored my ear. He stuck his face directly in my ear, and then he kind of popped and made a squeaky noise. It seemed like a snake sneeze. This worries me because I know that it is a sign of respiratory infection. Everything else is fine, the only thing that would be causing this is the ambient temperature, which is a bit low. I ordered a heat lamp online and am still waiting unfortunately. He is eating great, drinking and is his usual highly active self. Is there anything I can do to prevent a respiratory problem until the heat lamp arrives?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    About the only thing is up the heat a few degrees to kick their immune system into gear to fight it if it is a RI. Kind of like how humans get a fever when they get sick, except reptiles cant create their own fever so they seek a warmer than usual spot. I would watch for any mucous, bubbles from the nose or mouth or star gazing or sitting with mouth open. Although making noise isn't always a sign of RI. My 6ft BCI girl breathes heavy after she gets out and about and crawls around the couch or gets excited. For some snakes, its normal and they are just noisy breathers. But if it is accompanied by any of those other signs, then its vet time.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 03-18-2015 at 01:51 AM.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Sneeze?

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    About the only thing is up the heat a few degrees to kick their immune system into gear to fight it if it is a RI. Kind of like how humans get a fever when they get sick, except reptiles cant create their own fever so they seek a warmer than usual spot. I would watch for any mucous, bubbles from the nose or mouth or star gazing or sitting with mouth open. Although making noise isn't always a sign of RI. My 6ft BCI girl breathes heavy after she gets out and about and crawls around the couch or gets excited. For some snakes, its normal and they are just noisy breathers. But if it is accompanied by any of those other signs, then its vet time.
    There is no other signs, just a sneeze. He was being pretty active when it happened, so this might of caused it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk