Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,070

3 members and 3,067 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,568
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
    Thanks
    well Monty's eyes have gone all pasty blue i'm really excited!!!!

but i have a few questions

1 can he see right now?

2 should i feed him before he sheds?(feeding nite is Sunday)

3 what should i do to make the shed as easy as possible for him?

4 how do you make an album so i can post the pics if he sheds while im at home?

Thanks
    To make the shed easier, you can bump up your humdity a little bit. What's your humidity like now?

He can see, but he can't see as well. They really don't like being handled when in shed.

You should probably wait until after he sheds to feed him. Shedding is pretty stressful, and he might take it, and then regurge.
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yes he can see but not well.
    Its up to you wether you feed or not but don't be suprised if he refuses it.
    To help the shed you can up the humidity to 80% and if you want a good soak after his eyes clear will help also.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks
    Some can get a little "insecure" when they can't see too well. Agree with all the above esp in terms of the importance of humidity during shed.

On the photo album set up ther should be a link in the Site Info section near the top with all teh necessary details.

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

Thanks
    yeah i've had a big problem keeping the humidity above 50% i have a water dish and i put wet towels on top of the mesh (not over the whole thing) pand i put a wet cloth under his substrate but i dont think it's helping much in the long term (short term it goes up tho 70% on the cold side 60-65% on the hot side but no where near 80%)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Try misting get the substrate get it good and moist not soping wet just moist. and you might need to do this two or three times a day till he sheds
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban

Thanks
    thats a bit of a problem im in skool for 12 hours a day any alternatives?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    soak him in a luke warm bath for about 10 to 15 mins every night till he sheds

Thanks
    Humid hide... Go get some disposable tupperware, cut a hole in the side big enough for him to get in, and fill it with moist paper towels/washcloth/sphagnum moss, and place it on the hot side. This should be all they need. Soaking really isn't needed unless they had a bad shed and you are trying to get it off. You can mist, but mist the sides of the enclosure to create humidity, not the substrate or it will get moldy, eeww. Humid hides are good, it's kind of like a little snake sauna. I made mine out of a 7-layer dip container, and it's the perfect size. Good luck with it, let us know what you end up doin'
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks
    A bunch of people cover up most of the mesh top except just a bit for air flow, so it keeps humidity in better. The problem is your mesh top is letting the humidity out faster than you add it. I got some contact paper and covered pretty much all of the top except the corners I cut out for ventilation. I haven't had a problem with humidity since. Always at 55-60% without having to mist. Try that.

Good luck with the shed, too. My bp just got her blue eyes tonight, which I discovered when feeding her. I offered the mouse, and she struck and coiled. Then I was taking some pics since I got some film for my camera, and I was looking at her eyes and thought "hmmm her eyes look a bit different". I've been expecting her to shed for the last week now. Her belly has been pink and her eyes looked a bit silvery-black, so I knew it was coming. Didn't expect it tonight though. She took the mouse though. Hope there's no regurge.
    2.0 python regius - Ace(pastel) and Pelota(cross-dresser )