Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,240

1 members and 3,239 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Although to be honest it's not like a police officer is going to know the differences between snakes, unless you went around advertising it's illegal you probably wouldn't run into any issues selling or bringing them across the entire country.

If it's a baby and you want to ship it, just write on the box, say it's a ball python, no one is going to open it and double check anyway.

Still a retarded law but I doubt it would be heavily enforced.
    Life, like coffee, is bitter. But why should that keep us from enjoying it?
    1.0 Axanthic Ball Python

Thanks

Re: More snakes to join Burmese python on restricted list

Quote Originally Posted by Rinne View Post
    Although to be honest it's not like a police officer is going to know the differences between snakes, unless you went around advertising it's illegal you probably wouldn't run into any issues selling or bringing them across the entire country.

If it's a baby and you want to ship it, just write on the box, say it's a ball python, no one is going to open it and double check anyway.

Lacy Act is very serious and the above statement, albeit made in good intentions, may have unwanted consequences. People have been charged served jail time before for very minor things.

Also, businesses which are large enough and have high stakes, are very very careful with these things. I don't see Prehistoric Pets mislabelling their boxes for example and no business will be able to advertise their animals for out of state buyers. This will effectively kill the industry.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Najakeeper For This Useful Post:

ajmreptiles (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    According to some of the big constrictor people, they have seen and heard of packages being opened and checked. Is is worth it to face up to 5 years in prison and heavy fines? I'm not so sure.... If you'd like to give it a go, then go ahead.

I best route at this point is to support USARK's lawsuit. If that fails, then this part of the hobby might have to go black market, which is so unfair and unjust to the keepers and breeders involved.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

Thanks

We should boycott the white house !!😁
    let stop this crap!😡😡
    -Chris

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rinne View Post

People like you are part of what is wrong with this industry, YOU make us all look bad and put our ability to be able to ship our animals at risk but I guess you don't care. Do you think that encouraging braking the law whether it is stupid or not will help our cause?

When shipping it is very important to properly label your box but I guess you would not know that , I guess what you would not know either is that random packages are pulled out and inspected by a US fish and wildlife agents (and yes they know the difference between a BP and a Burm or Retic or Anaconda.)

So yeah just do what you preach if making everyone look bad and taking the risk of becoming a felon and get 5 years in jail is not an issue for you by all mean do it because truly this hobby does not need people like you.

Soap box over.

And BTW now changing over to being a mod before you are encouraging others to break the law.

8. No posts promoting illegal behavior will be tolerated, including but not limited to warez/pirating of copyrighted material, illegal drug or alcohol usage, and illegal ownership or trafficking of species.
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 03-12-2015 at 11:46 AM.
    Deborah Stewart

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

ajmreptiles (03-12-2015),anicatgirl (03-12-2015),bcr229 (03-12-2015),Bluebonnet Herp (03-14-2015),GoingPostal (03-15-2015),HVani (03-12-2015),jclaiborne (03-12-2015),Shann (03-12-2015),xyzpdq75 (03-12-2015)

Anti-Thread Necro Patrol
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 739 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think you were a bit harsh on them. They didn't say they were going to do it. They were not suggesting it be done. They were just pointing out it could be done. Nothing wrong with that IMO. It is realistic view of what may actually happen. Some people will probably do that.

It's ok to beat up on the idea. But beating up the guy was a bit much I think.

Just my 2 cents
    Last edited by MasonC2K; 03-12-2015 at 02:38 PM.
    - Mason

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MasonC2K View Post
    I think you were a bit harsh on them. They didn't say they were going to do it. They were not suggesting it be done. They were just pointing out it could be done. Nothing wrong with that IMO. It is realistic view of what may actually happen.
    No they didn't say they would, they just suggest others to do so which is even worse, I am not gonna sugar coat things because someone is clueless, or does not care.

If you care about this hobby and have a clue you don't make the statement below.

Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 03-12-2015 at 04:29 PM.
    Deborah Stewart

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

jclaiborne (03-13-2015)

Thanks
    Umm.. I realize now, after everyone's reaction and rereading my post how I may have sounded. But it was not my intention to encourage others to do that, nor do it myself. I have shipped reptiles before. Perfectly legal and correctly labeled. I was talking in theory to question how well it could actually be enforced.

My intention was to point out its lack of effectiveness. However, I shouldn't have said that because I did not know as you pointed out that they open boxes to check. Well, I guess I shouldn't try to make a point when I'm uneducated on it.

But I meant it how MasonC2K said it. Realistically people might do that. I'm not encouraging it, and yes if found out these people will hurt our cause. So it's a stupid thing to do.

But say even if you're just moving to one state over and you want to bring your pet with you. You think someone is going to be waiting at the state line asking if you have a burmese or retic?

I'm just saying that people who really want to do it will find loopholes, and questioning how much it might change - I apologize for coming off as encouraging it.
    Life, like coffee, is bitter. But why should that keep us from enjoying it?
    1.0 Axanthic Ball Python

Thanks

Here's what Kevin McCurley from NERDS said:

** Taking a Deep Breath Here - Constrictor Rule **
    Our argument against listing Green & Yellow Anacondas as well as Reticulated Pythons is STRONG! This we are sure of, the problem is getting this across in an arena that has the power to change.
    How about, having a strong argument that has facts as ammo but has another element. How about if there was a glaring aspect that was hidden, something that was taken as a given when in fact it was not!
    I can not let the cat out of the bag here but...... there has been something in the works since last year that is incredibly relevant and potent. Let's just say, the right people needed to see this and digest the facts. Now this hidden aspect is coming front and center.
    There is more than a glimmer of hope here, I would love to clarify my cryptic words but that does not help anything and would only take away from the focus we currently are having. There is much going on behind the scenes.
    USARK is on it, they know what to do with it, we MUST support them and believe in them. I have faith, we have THE weapon and now we are getting down to business. It is very simple which is wonderful, this is a rather black and white approach. In fact, I can not imagine how "this" could not turn things..... although I did not imagine luring teenage woman to join ISIS via social media would work either.
    Stand strong, be focused, watch for USARK updates, support USARK and remain positive. When we ask for support, please do your best...... I think we are working on our most effective strategy yet!
    EVILMORPHGOD - Kevin McCurley

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KingObeat For This Useful Post:

anicatgirl (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    Read that on FB earlier. Very interested in eventually finding out what it is. I hope we can push through and at least remove the no crossing state lines part.
    Alluring Constrictors

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast