Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,422

2 members and 3,420 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    Thanks
    Ok, I know this has been asked before, so here is your answer because I just found out.

Dunlop human heating pad, kept on most of the time, and occassionally heat setting was changed to compensate for heat levels too high, it lasted me 3 years 5 months. I am happy with that. Pretty darn great if you ask me, considering it was only a $10 investment.

Prior to using that heat pad I used one of those ones for reptiles you stick on the bottom of the cage- it last 3 months. Not worth my $ ever again if you ask me, considering the reptile one also had hot spots in it.

And- yes Walmart dont carry the human heat pads with no auto off. So, I went to several local drug stores last night in search of my new heat pad. Went to CVS, RiteAid, Walgreens and Drug Mart (all for info reasons). They all carry heat pads without auto off for $10. So, keep in mind, that might be where you have to get your next heat pads. However, I could not find dunlop ones, I did however find a brand, that looks identicle to a dunlop I have under my boa cage, looks like it was made by the same place, just a different name sticker slapped on it. The company is Kaz.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks
    yeah im done with the reptile UTH's way to much cash and not that great I will be replacing all my tank with new human heat pads over the next couple weeks starting with my boa tonight since he is always clearing the subrate away and I fear for burns so replacing his tonight.
    -Sean
    Mazdaspeed 3, yeah its silly fast!

Thanks
    I have bought many heating pads without auto off from walmart. I dont know the brand off the top of my head but I can gurantee you walmart does carry them...
    0.1 Regular Ball Python (Xibalba)
    1.0 American Pitbull Terrier (Gandhi)
    0.1 German Shepherd (Bailey)
    1.1 Mixed Rescue Cats (Horus and Manji)

"Walmart is the scum of this great country of ours and is spreading like an infection. Death To Walmart and every corporation like them..."

Thanks
    Justin, Smulkin discovered WM apparently recently stopped carrying them, at least in his area. Jeanne, I'm glad you were able to find inexpensive ones in those places. I checked drug stores before I ever went to WalMart, and check them from time to time when I happen to be in one, and I've yet to see a heating pad without auto shutoff for less than $21.99 in a drugstore, and sometimes they don't carry the ones without auto shutoff at all. Target was my second-best option, with the pads for around $17 each.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    I know wal-marts near me dont carry and heating pads that dont come with a auto shut-off. Walgreens by me had the ones with out the shutoff but they where out of the smaller size's that i needed at the time but the larger size will work with my boa tank so im grabbing one today. I suspect human heat pads W/O auto shut off will be a thing of the past real soon, to much liability to the CO that makes them.
    Heck I would hate to explain to my home owners insurance agent what I was doing running a heat pad 24/7 if it were to go up in smoke.
    -Sean
    Mazdaspeed 3, yeah its silly fast!