Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,287

3 members and 3,284 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Re: What morph is this?

I love threads like this one .... just off to get some popcorn ....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

steve_r34 (02-26-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,149 Posts
    No fire there. No vanilla either. If you bought it is a "morph" but the person selling it couldn't even tell you what "morph" it was, then it's a normal.

Geeze! I hate people sometimes. One, who in the world buys a snake that is a "morph" without knowing what "morph" it's supposed to be. Second, what kind of unscrupulous jerk sells a normal to some dumb sap by claiming it's a "morph".

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If I had a dime for every time someone posted a picture of their normal saying, "It doesn't look like a normal so it has to be a morph" I'd be as rich as Donald Trump! Why is it so hard for people to comprehend if you had a group of 10,000 normals at least 9,500 of them "wouldn't look like a normal" That STILL does not make them anything but a normal. Just like if you had 5,000 mojaves. No two would look exactly alike but NONE would look like a normal. Or if you had a group of 5,000 spiders. No two would be exactly the same but NOT ONE would look like a normal. Normal ball pythons, just like at least half of the morphs out there come in a wide range of color variation and pattern variation, but they are STILL normals.

Only a fool goes out and spend money on a snake that is labeled a "morph". How may snakes do you think NERD or Ralph Davis sells that they call a "morph" ?? Ben Rennick can tell you all 8 genes in one of his ball pytohns, but he still doesn't call it a "morph". He can tell you what it's parents were, what it's grandparents were and possibly even it's great grandparents. But not one of his snakes is labeled a "morph". If you want a Fire, you don't go buying a random snake someone says they think is a morph. You go to a breeder who says, "This baby is a fire. It's mom is a fire and it's dad is a pastel. It's grandmother is a yellowbelly and it's gradfather is a super fire. It has a firefly sibling, a firebelly sibling, 2 fire siblings and a firefly yellowbelly sibling."

That snake is a normal. Period. No fire, no vanilla, no yellowbelly, sure as heck no firebelly or any other true morph. And if you had a lick of sense you'd know that. Anyone with any sense at all who wants to buy a morph ball python first learns what morph they like, be it fire, pastel, spider, lesser, mojave, cinnamon or whatever. Then they talk to reputable breeders and study their photographs, they go to World of Ball Pytohns and study their photographs, they go to a few shows and talk to even more breeders and look at live examples of their chosen snake, and then, when they know exactly what it is they are looking for, they start shopping for it. They say, "this fire has a lot of blushing, but isn't very high yellow, while that one over there is super high yellow and has great flames, even if it doesn't have a lot of blushing. Now wait just a minute! This fire is insane! Look at that ridiculous yellow coloring! Have you ever seen so much blushing before?! Holy cow the belly flames on that thing!! Sure it's $100 more than the other two, but DANG you'll never see another like it in a million years!! I'm going to contact the breeder and buy her!"

They do not say," Check this out! I got this snake for next to nothing but the dude says it's a morph! No, no, he said it's a morph! I don't know. But it might be a fire, or a pastel, or a yellowbelly, or a purple polka dotted champagne. But it is a morph. The dude said so."

I wish you and your normal all the best, I really do. But calling that snake a morph, no matter how many times you do it, doesn't make it a morph.

Gale
    1.0 Low-white Pied - Yakul | 1.0 Granite het Pied - Nago
    1.0 Mojave - Okoto | 1.0 Vanilla - Kodama
    1.0 Pastel - Koroku | 1.0 Fire - Osa
    0.1 het Pied - Toki | 0.1 het Pied - Mauro
    0.1 Mojave - Kina | 0.1 Blushback Cinnamon - Kuri
    0.1 Fire - Mori | 0.1 Reduced Pinstripe - Sumi
    0.1 Pastel - Yuki | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Akashi
    0.1 Ghana Giant Normal - Tatari | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Kaiya

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angllady2 For This Useful Post:

BrianDallek (02-26-2015),h00blah (02-27-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angllady2 View Post
    No fire there. No vanilla either. If you bought it is a "morph" but the person selling it couldn't even tell you what "morph" it was, then it's a normal.

Geeze! I hate people sometimes. One, who in the world buys a snake that is a "morph" without knowing what "morph" it's supposed to be. Second, what kind of unscrupulous jerk sells a normal to some dumb sap by claiming it's a "morph".

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If I had a dime for every time someone posted a picture of their normal saying, "It doesn't look like a normal so it has to be a morph" I'd be as rich as Donald Trump! Why is it so hard for people to comprehend if you had a group of 10,000 normals at least 9,500 of them "wouldn't look like a normal" That STILL does not make them anything but a normal. Just like if you had 5,000 mojaves. No two would look exactly alike but NONE would look like a normal. Or if you had a group of 5,000 spiders. No two would be exactly the same but NOT ONE would look like a normal. Normal ball pythons, just like at least half of the morphs out there come in a wide range of color variation and pattern variation, but they are STILL normals.

Only a fool goes out and spend money on a snake that is labeled a "morph". How may snakes do you think NERD or Ralph Davis sells that they call a "morph" ?? Ben Rennick can tell you all 8 genes in one of his ball pytohns, but he still doesn't call it a "morph". He can tell you what it's parents were, what it's grandparents were and possibly even it's great grandparents. But not one of his snakes is labeled a "morph". If you want a Fire, you don't go buying a random snake someone says they think is a morph. You go to a breeder who says, "This baby is a fire. It's mom is a fire and it's dad is a pastel. It's grandmother is a yellowbelly and it's gradfather is a super fire. It has a firefly sibling, a firebelly sibling, 2 fire siblings and a firefly yellowbelly sibling."

That snake is a normal. Period. No fire, no vanilla, no yellowbelly, sure as heck no firebelly or any other true morph. And if you had a lick of sense you'd know that. Anyone with any sense at all who wants to buy a morph ball python first learns what morph they like, be it fire, pastel, spider, lesser, mojave, cinnamon or whatever. Then they talk to reputable breeders and study their photographs, they go to World of Ball Pytohns and study their photographs, they go to a few shows and talk to even more breeders and look at live examples of their chosen snake, and then, when they know exactly what it is they are looking for, they start shopping for it. They say, "this fire has a lot of blushing, but isn't very high yellow, while that one over there is super high yellow and has great flames, even if it doesn't have a lot of blushing. Now wait just a minute! This fire is insane! Look at that ridiculous yellow coloring! Have you ever seen so much blushing before?! Holy cow the belly flames on that thing!! Sure it's $100 more than the other two, but DANG you'll never see another like it in a million years!! I'm going to contact the breeder and buy her!"

They do not say," Check this out! I got this snake for next to nothing but the dude says it's a morph! No, no, he said it's a morph! I don't know. But it might be a fire, or a pastel, or a yellowbelly, or a purple polka dotted champagne. But it is a morph. The dude said so."

I wish you and your normal all the best, I really do. But calling that snake a morph, no matter how many times you do it, doesn't make it a morph.

Gale

^^^ ... Did your puppy just die or something?? Lighten up a lil cause your sounding like a really big a$$ right now ...
    Last edited by T_Sauer; 02-26-2015 at 07:49 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LivingwithBalls View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'm still thinking fire it's got a nice light Carmel color like my flame but to know for sure could you post a pic that shows The whole top of the snake

BPnet Senior Member Lizardlicks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 657 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T_Sauer View Post
    ^^^ ... Did your puppy just die or something?? Lighten up a lil cause your sounding like a really big a$$ right now ...
    Harshness aside, it's true though. even if it is a fire or vanilla or whatever, why does it matter unless you're going to breed it? And if you're planning on breeding the snake, how are you gonna sell it's offspring, will you market them as "morphs" as well, or are you going to stake your reputation on them being "possibly fires maybe idk?"

Thanks
    I was just trying to be nice with my fire/vanilla option. It is 99.999% a normal based on the story and pictures provided. Fact is Angllady2 just said what i was thinking. Im trying to be more calm though cause most ball python owners are uneducated with the BP world yet they all have computers.
    0.1 Firefly Lesser
    1.1 Firefly Het Pied
    0.1 Lesser
    0.1 Vanilla Cream
    0.1 Flame Pinstripe
    0.1 Black Pewter Ghost
    0.1 Pastel Calico Leopard het Pied
    0.1 Super Pastel Axanthic
    1.1 Piebald
    1.0 Superfly
    1.0 Mimosa
    1.1 Hypo Trans Bearded Dragons
    2.0 French Bulldogs
    0.1 Russian Blue Cat

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BrianDallek For This Useful Post:

steve_r34 (02-26-2015)

Thanks
    Gale went in lol ..

But to the op im confused on y u asking if it's a morph ? What was it sold to u as?
    1.1 het pied ,1.1 pastel,1. butter, .1 spider , .1 fire ph ghost , .1 pastave

Thanks
    Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,149 Posts
    Yes I did go off the deep end a little bit, but I am also sick and tired of it. Day in and day out and day in and day out and day in and day out, "This doesn't look like a normal so it has to be a morph, right?"

If you want a BP morph, have the sense enough to know what morph you want and what it looks like. If you don't care what color it is as long as it is a ball python, then don't come here asking what morph it is. Unless the breeder told you it is a specific morph and you have looked at pictures and live examples of said morph and you are concerned because the snake you bought online and had shipped to you and you've never seen it in person before and now you think the breeder may have pulled the wool over your eyes and sent you something you did not want, there is no need to ask what morph it is. You should know before you buy it, and if you don't have sense enough to do that, well that's your problem.

A true breeder or even a very conscientious pet owner will ALWAYS know what their snake is before selling it or giving it away. If a prospective seller can't give you anything more specific than, "It's a morph" then you should run like hell in the other direction. Plain and simple. Unless of course, you just want a pet ball python and don't really care what color it is. In which case your post should be along the lines of, "See the cool BP I got for a pet?" And if several people tell you hey that's a nice _____! Then that is a bonus for you.

Everyone laughs at the Craigslist ads that have a normal listed as a het spider or something else ridiculous, but if someone is foolish enough to buy that ball python believing it might actually be het for spider, it isn't funny. Anyone who wants to keep a BP as a pet should know there is no such thing, and if you don't, you aren't in any position to own one. No one would go out and get a dog without knowing what kind it is. Can you imagine someone saying, "I just got a dog. I don't know what kind it is, it's a dog. It's black and brown and white, with a white patch over it's eye and white feet." That just described at least 3 dozen different breeds of dog. The idea is silly at best. So why would anyone buy a BP and then say, "I don't know what kind it is. It's a ball python morph. It's brown and black with a white belly and flames on it's side and a light colored head." Guess what ? That also just described 3 dozen different BP morphs as well as 99.9999% of all normals. And that is just as silly.

Gale
    1.0 Low-white Pied - Yakul | 1.0 Granite het Pied - Nago
    1.0 Mojave - Okoto | 1.0 Vanilla - Kodama
    1.0 Pastel - Koroku | 1.0 Fire - Osa
    0.1 het Pied - Toki | 0.1 het Pied - Mauro
    0.1 Mojave - Kina | 0.1 Blushback Cinnamon - Kuri
    0.1 Fire - Mori | 0.1 Reduced Pinstripe - Sumi
    0.1 Pastel - Yuki | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Akashi
    0.1 Ghana Giant Normal - Tatari | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Kaiya

Registered User LivingwithBalls's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually, I know what morph he is and just haven't shared it. If you must know, he's a pastel. I was asking your guys opinions because I'm constantly getting told that he looks like a fire, or a yellow belly, or something else. I didn't buy him for his morph though, I just thought he had the best personality. I'm not trying to say he's something he's not.. I just wanted to know what you guys think when you first look at him. I research morphs quite a bit, but IMO fires, pastel, yellow bellies they all look very alike, with minor differences and it really depends on the genetics, which I don't know. Anyways, I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,538 Times in 1,148 Posts
    Think you made some underwear uptight anyway, lol.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast