Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,392

1 members and 3,391 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: falling in love with Tegus

Quote Originally Posted by phil89 View Post
    yeah i guess its a sale though, having a tough time selling them. not a whole lot of reptile enthusiasts in my area, most people see my snakes and give me a wide berth
    Lucky you haha
    SNAKES
    1.0 Childrens Python
    LIZARDS
    0.1 B&W Tegu, 1.0 Bearded Dragon, 1.1 IJ Blue Tongue Skinks
    FROGS
    0.0.5 Dendrobates tinctorius 'Citronella'
    DOGS
    1.0 German Sherherd (Timber), 1.0 Wolf/Shepherd (Sabre), 1.0 Chihuahua (Taz), 0.1 Chihuahua (Penny), 0.1 Pitbull (Luna)

Thanks

If it is $45 it is a WC Columbian B/W Tegu. I scored and got my Adult male Blue for $450 from a local guy just a few months ago. He's pretty dope but just waking up and he's a little crabby, lol.

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2
    Speak useful words or be silent - The Havamal
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jason Emrich
    Worldserpent Exotics

Like us on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/Worldserpent1

Thanks

Hello I have a blue tegu they are grat pets spend some to make him or her tame the way I did was I layed in a empty bath tub & the tegu had no choice but to interact with me climbing on me walking all over me then they will lay on you with time & hang out I let my blue tegu out to Rome the house with my dogs & cat everybody gets along good luck in you search get a blue tegu from a breeder

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Albertocolon View Post
    Hello I have a blue tegu they are grat pets spend some to make him or her tame the way I did was I layed in a empty bath tub & the tegu had no choice but to interact with me climbing on me walking all over me then they will lay on you with time & hang out I let my blue tegu out to Rome the house with my dogs & cat everybody gets along good luck in you search get a blue tegu from a breeder
    I don't fully agree with "forcing" them to interact with you. You should take time to build trust with little steps, first with feeding, then just getting use to your hand in the cage, let them come to you.
    SNAKES
    1.0 Childrens Python
    LIZARDS
    0.1 B&W Tegu, 1.0 Bearded Dragon, 1.1 IJ Blue Tongue Skinks
    FROGS
    0.0.5 Dendrobates tinctorius 'Citronella'
    DOGS
    1.0 German Sherherd (Timber), 1.0 Wolf/Shepherd (Sabre), 1.0 Chihuahua (Taz), 0.1 Chihuahua (Penny), 0.1 Pitbull (Luna)

Thanks
    I also agree that 45$ is still ridiculously cheap for a black and white. I bought mine from a breeder in FL for $200. Even Varnyard sells them for 150$. Definitely post some pics to confirm its not a Colombian, as their dispositions are completely different. In my experience Argentine Black and White Tegus are pretty naturally curious. Once my baby tegu settled in he would come out of his burrow when I opened the enclosure and climb onto me. It is pretty freaky how they almost demand attention from you.

Just be aware that they grow incredibly fast. Almost over night they go from a tiny green hatchling to this large animal. Feeding is much more intricate than snakes, and you need a diverse variety of foods for them. Do your research and if possible try to find someone with a full size adult to handle. Although they are predisposed to being very tolerant of human interaction, if you don't interact with them routinely they can grow pretty nasty and unwieldy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12