Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,331

4 members and 3,327 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Leopard geckos not breeding?

Ok so about a month ago I've been putting my male in with the female they got along fine but I noticed the male hasn't show any signs of wanting to breed like rattling his tail. I've put them together three times. They are sexed properly and the female weighs 60 grams and she is approximately 9 months old and the male is 57 grams and is 7 months old. I'm thinking the male hasn't sexually matured yet. When I introduce them I'll leave him in the overnight. I put him in there December 18th January 14th and 23rd. Can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks
    First I would say that both of the geckos are too young to breed. With there age you are either going to kill the female or she is not going to lay fertile eggs for you. Despite the weight being around the appropriate size I would wait till next year to pair them.

Second, being that the male is only 7 months old there is no true way to determine if he is a "he" vs a "she". He/she is plain out to young and unless he is well developed would not show viable signs by that age. I have seen some geckos that look to be males but then once they get to a mature age turn out to be females.

If I were you I would wait another year and then pair them again. Take this time to get them both healthy to ensure that if/when they do breed that they will give you a good clutch of eggs.

If you have any further questions feel free to PM me anytime

-Greg