Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,226

1 members and 3,225 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

having trouble .

I had this issue last year and I'm having it again . My males won't eat after being with females . 5 out of 6 males are not eating 4 of those males were introduced to females and 3 have locked . They have not eaten since end of nov. There are far from showing any signs of weight loss . And last year I only had 2 males and both did this . The only that is eating will get paired this week . . If anyone has any idea to y this is or any suggestions to help me get them to eat . My females are slamming meals and there all kept in the same room . It's not husbandry Issues . I hear a lot of people say there males eat fine during the season. But for some reason mine won't.
    Any advice would be great. ... thanks
    1.1 het pied ,1.1 pastel,1. butter, .1 spider , .1 fire ph ghost , .1 pastave

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

Re: having trouble .

I have 5 adult males (1000 grams or more), and right now only one is eating. Of the other four two are breeding right now and two are not. The one that is eating has not been paired yet with anything. I have found that they may go off feed this time of year anyways. But it seems like it is almost a certainty if they are in a breeding program.

Thanks
    U know that's what I think but some people I talk to say there males slam meals during breeding season

Thanks
    I have some males in my collection, that will eat during the breeding season.However I have some that will not. They usually start back eating after some time, with out any negative results. Just keep an eye on there weights. If they start losing weight stop breeding them.And remove them to a area where they cannot smell the females.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tigerhawk For This Useful Post:

steve_r34 (01-26-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,862 Times in 4,780 Posts
    A lot of my males stopped or cut back on eating between Halloween and Thanksgiving. This past weekend two of my breeder males decided to take a feeder, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't eat again for another month or two.

As long as they're not losing weight or getting "over worked" I wouldn't worry about it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

steve_r34 (01-26-2015)

Thanks
    Thanks guys . No1 is losing weight and none of them get over bread . Only one is seeing 2 girls the other ones have one girl a piece and they only stay in with the female for 3 days and then I rest them for a couple of weeks . As long as I see locks for the 3 days there in there I usually leave my females alone till the next month and then throw them back . Idk if that's too long of a wait or not but that's what I've been doing

Thanks

Re: having trouble .

My 2 oldest boys while not breeding this year as they aren't quite to size yet just both went off feed about 2 weeks ago. They are all on the same schedule and husbandry (males and females). My girls are hungry as ever but my boys just cruise their tubs ignoring everything. I think some snakes just go off feed randomly this time of year.