Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,698

2 members and 2,696 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,146
Threads: 248,588
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Strider21
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Question

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Re: Question

Quote Originally Posted by ECechoHO View Post
    what are you talking about, aint blow smoke up anybodies.....my snakes been good since i bought them just wanted to know about the breeding part not the way i set MY tank up..It's easy for someone that has money to tell a person without money how to take care of their snake, if i had the money i woulda been done it..pinstripe ain't the type morph i want just was saying how it looks like she would produce one, but what does an all white belly mean in the het marker book..??
    You mention money quite a bit. It takes under 100 dollars to have a full setup, if you cannot afford that, you might want to look into a less expensive hobby. I'm not trying to be mean, but a life is dependant on you.

You still haven't read my links either have you?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OhhWatALoser For This Useful Post:

Eric Alan (01-28-2015),PitOnTheProwl (01-27-2015),Stewart_Reptiles (01-27-2015)

Reptile Dysfunction
    Thanks
    You sat down with a table of card sharks and your still playing go fish.
    Your have to read and collect the general knowledge and terminology yourself and know your stuff just so you can properly phrase a question here and not get slapped around with their vast tomes and scrolls of ball python husbandry. But tread lightly also because when you tell them to be nice they will strike you down with some sort of demerit thing.
    That being said your going all in on your fanticy football team without even knowing how many points you get for a touchdown

Reptile Dysfunction
    Thanks
    Analogys by Joe balls available at request

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe balls For This Useful Post:

SnakeBalls (01-31-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe balls View Post
    You sat down with a table of card sharks and your still playing go fish.
    Your have to read and collect the general knowledge and terminology yourself and know your stuff just so you can properly phrase a question here and not get slapped around with their vast tomes and scrolls of ball python husbandry. But tread lightly also because when you tell them to be nice they will strike you down with some sort of demerit thing.
    That being said your going all in on your fanticy football team without even knowing how many points you get for a touchdown
    I like that

7. The Following User Says Thank You to myztic24 For This Useful Post:

Joe balls (01-27-2015)

Thanks

This is our 2nd year breeding weve kept snakes for 5-6 years and done TONS of research on husbandry and everything take your time learn as much as you can before once you realize it your stuck with 7-8 eggs and your gonna be saying what am i gonna do now. DO your research know what morphs you want to pair up this is where i started out here and World of ball pythons .theres people here to help you

Thanks

so with what ya'll know about different morphs markings on the underbelly, tell me what yall think she look like she's having when i get this breeding thing together..
    She looks like a NORMAL, he looks like a NORMAL, you will get NORMALS.

what are you talking about, aint blow smoke up anybodies.....my snakes been good since i bought them just wanted to know about the breeding part not the way i set MY tank up..It's easy for someone that has money to tell a person without money how to take care of their snake, if i had the money i woulda been done it..pinstripe ain't the type morph i want just was saying how it looks like she would produce one, but what does an all white belly mean in the het marker book..??
    The problem is your care/setup is part of breeding. I will also admit you have touched a nerve with me. You cant afford a single, good setup (according to you) so your solution is to try and multiply your animals (normals, that will produce normals and sell for close to nothing) and somehow that will make you money in the end....its like saying you dont make enough money at your job so youre going to start having kids because you think that will fix the problem.

Finally, FYI there are a lot of people out there who dont have "money". It doesnt take a lot of money to get a single setup right. If you cant afford the care (again, according to you), dont keep the animals.

Thanks
    I know I said I was thru with this. I quit before I got some sort of infraction on the forum. However I can't take it anymore. Dude everyone here has tried to be of some help to you. You want to breed your snakes,and you asked for advice. However when it's given to you in a helpful way you fight it. There are many of us who have Large collections.Who know what they are doing. You need to accept help when it's given. When this subject started, I felt like you needed help. It's good to ask questions, however when the answer is not what you want don't fight it. And yes do some reading on the subject. And no REAL BOOKS are not for old people. Everyone wants the easy way out. Life is not easy. please do your homework and then if you have questions ask. However you must be willing to accept the answers you get when it comes from experienced individuals. Other wise why waste our time. Again I'am sorry but I just could not take it any more. We are only concerned about the well being of your snakes as you should also be. You have to crawl before you walk. We have only tried to help.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tigerhawk For This Useful Post:

Mykuhl (01-28-2015)

Reptile Dysfunction
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerhawk View Post
    I know I said I was thru with this. I quit before I got some sort of infraction on the forum. However I can't take it anymore. Dude everyone here has tried to be of some help to you. You want to breed your snakes,and you asked for advice. However when it's given to you in a helpful way you fight it. There are many of us who have Large collections.Who know what they are doing. You need to accept help when it's given. When this subject started, I felt like you needed help. It's good to ask questions, however when the answer is not what you want don't fight it. And yes do some reading on the subject. And no REAL BOOKS are not for old people. Everyone wants the easy way out. Life is not easy. please do your homework and then if you have questions ask. However you must be willing to accept the answers you get when it comes from experienced individuals. Other wise why waste our time. Again I'am sorry but I just could not take it any more. We are only concerned about the well being of your snakes as you should also be. You have to crawl before you walk. We have only tried to help.
    Hahaha I wansnt suggesting books were for old people just that some of the same books on ball pythons are also avalibel as a e book or on a I pad for the paperless generation. Books are very useful

Thanks
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,948 Posts

Relevant excerpt from a book (for us "old" folks apparently) written by a guy who knows a thing or two about keeping ball pythons:
    Find me on Facebook: E.B. Ball Pythons and Instagram: @EBBallPythons

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Eric Alan For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (01-28-2015),BPSnakeLady (01-29-2015),eveningdahlia (08-28-2015),Felidae (01-29-2015),KING JAMES (01-30-2015),Montypython696 (01-29-2015),myztic24 (01-29-2015)

Thanks
    Before I even start this rant I will go ahead and apologize for my horrible grammar. Yes this is nothing more than a rant, so if you don't have the time to read the mumbles of a semi-sane person please feel free to skip over this post.

There has been mention of members on here being condescending towards "newbs". I will agree that there are some who do get a little short with people from time to time, its hard to avoid that when there are things being done that are blatantly negative towards their pets though. (Tape, Unchecked Temps, Etc.) No one is expected to know everything when they first start, but when all the information is literally one click away there is no excuse not to learn. There really is no excuse when someone is even kind enough to give you the information and you don't even take the time to read it.

People expecting others to use their own time to help them when they have already show that they downright refuse to use their time to even attempt to learn on their own is the reason for the sometimes negative attitude on threads like this.

Times are tight? Worst time to even consider breeding snakes, especially bad time to try and work out a dinker project. Breeding two normals together hoping to get lucky and get a morph? Save time headache and money..buy a lottery ticket...it has better odds. Getting a male pied to breed to a normal female to "see what you will get"...you will get snakes that look normal that carry the gene to make other piebalds.

I am the worst person to tell you what to do as I am a firm believer in doing what works for you (I don't use hotspots, don't use hides, feed live, temps never change, etc, etc) I do however think that basic research should be done before you begin your ventures, that way if something you try fails you will not only know why but will have the knowledge in hand to fix it.

I Gots Me Some Snakes...

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KING JAMES For This Useful Post:

Eric Alan (01-29-2015),Montypython696 (01-29-2015),myztic24 (01-29-2015),PitOnTheProwl (01-29-2015)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast