Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,441

1 members and 3,440 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks
    all right.I am thinking about getting a lizard.i am really leaning toward cresties because the easy care and kinda toward veiled bcuz they look cool.I need your help choosing.If you do post,please tell me why you think that animal is a good pet.Thanx in advance!
    - The Member Formerly Known as Bpkid

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Well I voted Crested because I have one and I love them - plus for ease of care. But I guess it depends what you want in a lizard. If you want something you can handle often and will 'hang out' with you I'd say beardie.
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

Thanks
    I voted beardie, but it was a tough call. I'd say go for the beardie or the crestie

I've heard (and read) that chamelon's can be tough to keep, and obtaining the right things for them to eat can be harder. I'm not saying that you can't get one, I just think the beardie or the crestie would be easier to start out with.
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959

Thanks
    I say make your own decision. I never can understand how one can ask other people what they think they should buy, do, etc. Who best knows what you are looking for or are comfortable/capable of taking care of?

-YOU of course.
    www.ASFRats.info African soft-furred rats information and exchange.

www.WarrenReptiles.com
    Website Hosting available see site for details

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    When people ask that type of question, I think what they are really looking for are some pros and cons and comparisons of the species mentioned. Basically Bpkid has narrowed it down to 3 species and just wants some additonal thoughts/input that go beyond what you just read about in caresheets, but rather draws on the personal experiences of others. I think it's not a bad question to ask - especially when you are torn and have a hard time making a decision. I also think they are fun questions to answer!
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    When people ask that type of question, I think what they are really looking for are some pros and cons and comparisons of the species mentioned. Basically Bpkid has narrowed it down to 3 species and just wants some additonal thoughts/input that go beyond what you just read about in caresheets, but rather draws on the personal experiences of others. I think it's not a bad question to ask - especially when you are torn and have a hard time making a decision. I also think they are fun questions to answer!
    I agree, if i had conflicting oppionons on species that i would love to own, id ask for a bit of help to see which one is more practicle, economical and over all makes a better pet

Thanks
    Just be aware that among the three both bearded dragons and Veiled chameleons require UVB other than that do your home work and provide the proper environment , they are all simple to keep