Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,317

0 members and 3,317 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: White patches

Thanks

White patches

Hello again part2!

I have another question for you pros. Is it normal to a firefly and a pastel enchi to have white patches on their sides? My firefly has one large white area which wasn't there as a baby. I could swear it is getting more prominent every shed. Can this be somekind of a ringer-thingie?

Here a pic with flash and another in dim winter light from window (sorry it's almost night in here).

1. The firefly (here pictured next to my lessermojave for colour comparison - the patch is really white)

2. The pastelenchi, with smaller white patches all over

Lots of thanks in advance, Katima
    Last edited by katima; 01-14-2015 at 02:18 PM. Reason: more pics

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts
    That's actually pretty neat. No white patches are not normal for either combo.

HGW Enchis have will show some calico-ish white coming up the sides, very similarly to your pastel enchi. It's one reason it's one of my dreams to produce one! They're so cool looking as adults and babies! I'm not a fan of the NERD "enchi hgws" on WOBP right now (mostly because I don't think there's enchi in any of the NERD photos), but the last one by Matt Lerer is a pretty cool example of a baby . Try googling around for an adult photo, because they're pretty awesome with the white patches !

The firefly looks like a BlkEL paradox of some sort, but I find it strange that it appears to be scraped along the body, rather than how paradox spots typically look on BPs.
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to h00blah For This Useful Post:

katima (01-14-2015)

Thanks
    Oh, that is sweet! So I will send you pics of these too, when they grow or if something new happens with the patches. I wish they are genetic.

I found a pic of the Fly as a baby, there's no patch at all at that place. Weaaard.

-K

Last edited by katima; 01-14-2015 at 03:43 PM.