Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,487

2 members and 3,485 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire spiders?

Thanks

Fire spiders?

Hello!

Please help me help identify the morphs of this mystery clutch.

I have thought the father is an axanthic spider and the mother a light normal, but there seems to be something weard in the clutch. There are two very pale creamy spiders (sand the other one has bluish eyes instead of green) and two orange-yellow normalsomething which have a blushed fireish or orangedreamish or yellowbellyish look .

So now, I am thinking could the father of the clutch be a fire spider instead of an axanthic spider, which would explain the weard clutch - the spider babys being fire spiders? Please please please help me with this: what do you think are the morphs of these?

Best regards, Katima

1. Father of the clutch, 7 years old:

2. Mother of the clutch, 6 years old:

3. The pale spider siblings, pics of post first shed and later, with flash and in natural daylight:

4. The fireish-looking siblings from the same clutch. The more blushed one is clearly more orange and both of them seem to pale towards more fireish colour in each shed. The other one has a spot on the top of his head. What are they?

Please help me! - Katima

2. The Following User Says Thank You to katima For This Useful Post:

myztic24 (03-18-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts

Re: Fire spiders?

It almost looks more Yellowbelly-ish to me than fire. Some of the pics aren't loading on my phone tho. Whatever they are, they're really cool looking!
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

Chkadii (01-13-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts
    Very high orange babies for sure. They're cool, but they aren't fires, orange dreams, or yellowbellies. If anything, you may have an enhancing gene of some sort, likely from the mother. Even the spiders are pretty cool looking . The father is definitely an axanthic spider, no fire in there. The mother is definitely not fire, but is a very good looking normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to h00blah For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Thank you very much for the quick answers!

So, genetically I should name the babies: spiders and normals (het axanthic), yes?
    I have promised to give the other spiderbaby to a friend, and wish to get the morph data right. I can tell her there might be something else going on with the creamy colour, but not a fire or other proven trait anyway. Is this ok?

___

I would love to have your opinion on my another "strange" spider as well. He is a 1,5 years old male and very deep orange-yellow, nothing like my normal spiders. He is from a bumblebee*pastel -clutch, not related to the individuals in the original topic. I wonder could there be something else going on there too with the orange sides? What do you think?

Here, for colour comparision, my other spiders as well:

1. Axanthic and normal spider:

2. Normal spider or not? (the one in the question)

3. Pastel spider from the same clutch as the orange spider above (this one also has a very deep yellow belly-line with lightgray bordering on the bellyline). ...(could this be this a yellowbelly bumblebee and his brother above a yellowbelly spider?)

4. and for one more time, the creamy normal spiderbaby for comparision:

Thankyou in advance, and greetings from snowy Finland! - Katima

Thanks
    ( and one more photo to help you: here both of my bees to compare the depth of the colour):

1. my classic-looking male, with a pale grayish back and lot more white on the sides. Sorry for the bad photo quality.

2. the more yellow female with lots of orange/yellow on the lower sides.

lots of pics, sorry.... Katima
    Last edited by katima; 01-13-2015 at 09:03 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katima View Post

2. Normal spider or not? (the one in the question)

Correct, you could advertise them as high orange spiders if anything. OR you could keep 'em all around as dinkers, and see if you can unlock the true potential of the high orange . Orange dreams are VERY subtle mutations, but when combined with a 2nd orange dream, or spiders, or almost anything else, they are ridiculous!

The spider in the photo looks like a regular high orange spider. It's so orange, it almost looks like a honeybee. The het hypos I've seen seem to have a generally lighter color overall. I used to have good comparison pics, but those were lost with my old tablet .. However, there's also all kinds of spiders! Reduced pattern, spotty patterned, twin-striped, single-striped, high gold, high brown, high white, low white, etc.... I've never seen a spider that has as much orange as yours though .

The speckling on your bee's belly looks black. Bumblebellys have orangey yellow and black speckling .
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to h00blah For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (01-13-2015),MarkS (01-13-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've seen het orange ghosts that color too, but really unless you know for sure, all you can actually call them is spiderballs.
    Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MarkS For This Useful Post:

joebad976 (01-13-2015)

Thanks
    Thank you all for your help! I will call them just spiders then. The pale ones are het axanthic, because of the father.

All except one will stay home with me, I am curious to see how the colour develops. I will send you pics of them later if you wish.

And yes, it would be interesting to pair the most orange/blushed female with the orange spider male, to see what happens.

- K
    Last edited by katima; 01-13-2015 at 04:11 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to katima For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (01-13-2015),h00blah (01-13-2015),MarkS (01-13-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katima View Post
    Thank you all for your help! I will call them just spiders then. The pale ones are het axanthic, because of the father.

All except one will stay home with me, I am curious to see how the colour develops. I will send you pics of them later if you wish.

And yes, it would be interesting to pair the most orange/blushed female with the orange spider male, to see what happens.

- K
    Can't wait to see what you produce! Happy dinking !

Thanks
    Hey again!

Wish to show you how the babies turned out. What do you think of them now, as a yearling?

1. The orangey normal:

a) as a hatchling

b) a bit older, with the not-so-blushed sibling

c) today, without flash:

in sunlight

with flash

So is he a normal?

2. The pale spider siblings

a) the first one as a baby

... and today:

b) the second one, my favourite, who turned out very different... more normal looking spider but very high bright yellow back with very dark dirty sides

as a baby

a bit older (on the back) (on the front is the spider one) - see the screaming yellow colour?

... and today, TADAAA !!!!! I love him!!

(sorry the gloves, cleaning day..)

(here the colours are off but the contrast of the colours is right)

Pretty funny, don't you think? - Kati

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katima For This Useful Post:

h00blah (09-01-2015),nightwolfsnow (09-02-2015)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast