Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,250

0 members and 3,250 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Thought I'd better introduce myself as things seem to be a bit shaky .

"normal"
    - The Grove Reptiles

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    Maybe you need to learn the meaning of some common phrases first.......................
    Take it how you want but you are hardheaded and STUBORN.
    Im done trying to get on level ground with you.
    For some reason all you want to do is bump heads and I can promise you that mine is a lot harder.
    With all due respect , again this could simply be a cultural thing , but if someone over here in the UK referred to you having a thick head or as " being thick " it would be taken as an serious insult .

Thanks

Thought I'd better introduce myself as things seem to be a bit shaky .

Error ....
    Last edited by Zincubus; 04-08-2015 at 02:00 AM. Reason: edit

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DVirginiana View Post
    Being thick-headed has nothing to do with intelligence; it has to do with you not getting a point when others have explicitly explained it to you and continuing to say/do something when you've been given evidence to the contrary. It means you're stubborn, not stupid.

If you really are bothered by the negative commentary as much as you say you are and legitimately can't understand why your comments come off as judgmental, then maybe you should just stay away from live-feeding threads. I'm not trying to tell you you can't comment on them or anything like that, just that it sounds like you'd be happier if you didn't since you can't seem to find a happy medium of expressing yourself in a way that this community finds acceptable on that issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by DVirginiana View Post
    Being thick-headed has nothing to do with intelligence; it has to do with you not getting a point when others have explicitly explained it to you and continuing to say/do something when you've been given evidence to the contrary. It means you're stubborn, not stupid.

If you really are bothered by the negative commentary as much as you say you are and legitimately can't understand why your comments come off as judgmental, then maybe you should just stay away from live-feeding threads. I'm not trying to tell you you can't comment on them or anything like that, just that it sounds like you'd be happier if you didn't since you can't seem to find a happy medium of expressing yourself in a way that this community finds acceptable on that issue.

As I just explained in the UK calling someone " thick headed " is the same as calling someone " thick " or " stupid" .... that's why I took offence at the " thick" comment .

As to " staying away from the live feeding threads " it is something I said I would do a couple of days ago and I have successfully avoided ALL the live feeding threads since . I've mentioned this point repeatedly in recent posts .
    Last edited by Zincubus; 04-08-2015 at 02:07 AM. Reason: editediy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardlicks View Post
    Oh for god....

My Daughter is autistic, eight of my best friends are on the spectrum, and most of them have told me that I have aspie traits enough that I should consider going to get a formal diagnosis. Absolutely none of that prevents me or them from carefully considering reasoned stances and adding new points of view to our assessment matrix. Please, don't use your diagnosis as a way to excuse being a condescending jerk, it makes the rest of us look bad.
    As you know so many autistics you will be aware of the fact that we / they are all so very , different and behave / react to things very differently whilst at the same time sharing a basic umbrella of Autustic traits ....
    Last edited by Zincubus; 04-08-2015 at 02:05 AM. Reason: editedit

Thanks
    OK cookie I've read a lot of what has been said over the last while, and here's my

I get that lots of people are different. Culturally, experience wise, etc. No one here is really out to get you, I promise (except for maybe those PMs, some folks are jerks). Much of this site is debate and education, whether about feeding, or proper temps (which seems to vary slightly), to the "can my snake love me" bit. I get that you maybe process stuff differently than some people. But don't automatically assume that if someone says "thick headed" or something that it means what you think it means coming from them. There are likely to be some translation errors in slang terms and the like. Ask, don't assume

I also get that you're intelligent, but that being said, it would really help your case if it didn't sound like there was some moral high ground to hold here. Due to the differences in culture or whatever that's how it reads sometimes. And you, like the rest of people, would be offended if I said I held the moral high ground for any reason, in regard to how you keep your snakes.

Anyhow, just my thoughts, cause I've been pondering the situation for awhile.

Looking forward to seeing some pics introducing your scaly family
    Last edited by anicatgirl; 04-08-2015 at 03:06 AM.
    0.1 Lesser Pastel

Black Spooky Kitty
    0.1 Faye Tiny Kitty

?.?
    Feral Cat Colony

And more on the way always....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to anicatgirl For This Useful Post:

SnakeBalls (04-08-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anicatgirl View Post
    OK cookie I've read a lot of what has been said over the last while, and here's my

I get that lots of people are different. Culturally, experience wise, etc. No one here is really out to get you, I promise (except for maybe those PMs, some folks are jerks). Much of this site is debate and education, whether about feeding, or proper temps (which seems to vary slightly), to the "can my snake love me" bit. I get that you maybe process stuff differently than some people. But don't automatically assume that if someone says "thick headed" or something that it means what you think it means coming from them. There are likely to be some translation errors in slang terms and the like. Ask, don't assume

I also get that you're intelligent, but that being said, it would really help your case if it didn't sound like there was some moral high ground to hold here. Due to the differences in culture or whatever that's how it reads sometimes. And you, like the rest of people, would be offended if I said I held the moral high ground for any reason, in regard to how you keep your snakes.

Anyhow, just my thoughts, cause I've been pondering the situation for awhile.

Looking forward to seeing some pics introducing your scaly family
    Well thank you for at least understanding my problems and issues , somewhat ..
    On this forum I seem to be on the defensive all the time which isn't at all pleasant ... It makes a nice change to get a normal response .

On the point about photos .... I think I've already posted a few up in here in various threads . There's certainly a couple of my Snow Boa and maybe a couple of others . ... I'd be reluctant to post any more in the future as I appear to be public enemy No1 and I daren't even imagine some of the comments the photos ' may' receive .

I have apologised repeatedly for any upset I have caused in the live feeding threads and as I promised days ago I have refrained from participating in all the live feeding threads .

Thank you !
    Last edited by Zincubus; 04-08-2015 at 03:42 AM. Reason: edut

Thanks

I'm seriously considering just being a lurker and observing the interesting threads but not contributing . It will probably suit all concerned parties .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Asherah View Post
    You don't happen to be Sheldon Cooper in disguise as a snake owner do you? These threads are Big Bang Theory-ish.

I've been watching things unfold quietly from the sides and feel like coming out of my lurking status.

In all seriousness just take a step back and give yourself a moment to reflect and gather yourself. You have a condition that makes it difficult for you to catch the tone of a conversation so therefore it makes it doubly important that you really evaluate and think about what your saying. You are aware of this condition, but it seems as if you are using it as a catch all excuse for behaving badly rather than taking responsibility for the issues. Your comments are in general lacking empathy and totally refusing to see anyone else's side of the conversation. That doesn't make it a debate that makes it you ranting about a cause that you have suddenly turned into a "holier than thou" trip.

You don't agree with live feeding? Great, don't feed live, but that doesn't mean that others will choose to do the same thing you did. It does not give you the right to belittle people for their choices.

You feel you are being attacked. Terribly sorry about that sensation, but you must also take some responsibility for that, considering the comments you also made. Some of those were not very nice either.

I'm not saying you are totally in the wrong, you were trying to start a debate that didn't go so well, but you aren't totally in the right here either.

Funnily enough Big Bang is possibly my fave comedy series ... I only find American comedy series funny as the British comedy series are 99% garbage in comparison . Sheldon is obviously my favourite TV character and I can relate to him so very easily

Thanks
    I understand being on the defensive. I've gotten some ridiculous responses on my Facebook from PETA people, which you may or may not know of. "Animal rights activists" really using their status to destroy pets and such. Any of their BS puts me on the defensive.

Aaaanywho. Just post a thread of photos I and a bunch of other people would look at them. And anyone who has mean things to say to pretty snakes should just get off the forum. You kinda jumped deep into the debate pool and skipped the "Look guys here are my awesome reptiles!!!" part.

I know you've apologized. I've read. And to you that is correct and totally makes sense. Some people may have a hard time believing it because of what they have perceived as your "attitude." Just prove them wrong if you choose to continue posting. Keep an open mind friend
    0.1 Lesser Pastel

Black Spooky Kitty
    0.1 Faye Tiny Kitty

?.?
    Feral Cat Colony

And more on the way always....

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast