Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,349

5 members and 3,344 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Does he look ok? Still hasn't shed ??

Right I will try that, I will dig out a pillowcase, I presume I tie it shut? Where in the viv should I put him, anywhere? Will he breath ok? And how long to leave him?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smith123 View Post
    Right I will try that, I will dig out a pillowcase, I presume I tie it shut? Where in the viv should I put him, anywhere? Will he breath ok? And how long to leave him?
    Yes but leave the head area loose a bit, and you can just put it in the middle of the viv. Just check on him in a few hours. If you're unsure about this method you can do some research If it would make you feel better about trying it, there may be some videos on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

Thanks

I'm unsure about everything now haha..... He's my first snake and this would of been his first shed with me so I'm not doing very well

Thanks

Does he look ok? Still hasn't shed ??

I'm unsure about everything now haha..... He's my first snake and this would of been his first shed with me so I'm not doing very well
    Just try to stay positive, you're trying to fix it.. So that's a good thing. Just take on everyone's advice here and this issue will be resolved, best of luck!

Read through all the posts that have been on this thread and suck in all the information.

Last edited by SRMD; 01-17-2015 at 10:18 AM.

Thanks

Will do.....thanks

Thanks
    Hi,

My bumbleebee has just perfectly shed today. A good 7 days after his mouth 'injury' from striking the enclosure top. Everything has healed now.
    14 days would be a long time i think
    I would suggest keeping the humidity up to 70+% all the time during shedding.
    My enclosure is usually 60+% and i bumped it up by covering some of the open end of the enclosure top to get 74-76% during shed.
    Btw, do u handle him frequently? try not to handle the snake when you see signs of shedding. this might introduce stress and interrupts the shedding process. I stopped handling my bumblebee as soon as i saw signs of shedding. only went in to replace the water but no handling at all until today.
    aside from that, check if you have a reliable hygrometer and thermometer which is placed correctly (don't put it near or on top of the water bowl i think).
    other than that you can try the pillow method or keeping him in a closed tub (with minimal air holes) with shallow tepid water for one hour supervised and then wiping him with a wet wash cloth.

i hope your snake will be alright!
    Last edited by influence; 01-17-2015 at 10:38 AM.

1.0 Bumblebee (Bee) 0.1 Pastave (Mo) 0.1 Yellowbelly (Elly) 1.0 Green het Granite Burmese Python (Dot) 1.0 Green Burmese Python (Spot) 1.0 Caramel Reticulated Python (Haro) 1.1 Mexican Black Kingsnake (Anubis & Sheba)

0.0.2 Red Eared Slider (Tete & Gugu) 0.0.2 Centruroides Nigrescens 0.0.5 Parabuthus Transvaalicus 0.0.2 Parabuthus Brevimanus 0.0.3 Rhopalurus Junceus 2.1 Androctonus Australis Hector 0.3 Hottentotta Hottentotta 0.2 Tityus Stigmurus 0.1 Scolopendra Dehaani "Cherry Red" 0.0.2 Scolopendra Subspinipes "Thai Jewel"

Thanks

He's in the pillowcase right now, I havnt even been handling him, I've probably handled him five times in the two month I've had him, as been feeding him every five days so with leaving him to digest for 2/3 days then he went blue so really havnt handled him much at all. As far as stress goes I can only think his enclosure is to big, at 3ft. But he still eats fine so who knows! If it's safe to run his enclosure at 60-70% humidity all the time then that's what I will do... Thanks

Thanks

He's in the pillowcase right now, I havnt even been handling him, I've probably handled him five times in the two month I've had him, as been feeding him every five days so with leaving him to digest for 2/3 days then he went blue so really havnt handled him much at all. As far as stress goes I can only think his enclosure is to big, at 3ft. But he still eats fine so who knows! If it's safe to run his enclosure at 60-70% humidity all the time then that's what I will do... Thanks
    If you think the viv is too big just fill it with more things cork bark, fake plants, etc.. But if he's eating fine and regularly I couldn't see him being too stressed.

keeping it at 60-70% all the time in a wooden viv wouldn't be a good idea, If you constantly provide a humid hide.. He can use it when he needs it.

Last edited by SRMD; 01-17-2015 at 10:58 AM.

Thanks

Double post*
    Last edited by SRMD; 01-17-2015 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Tapatalk glitch -.-

Thanks

Well I just don't know what to do! I don't want this happening again. I also need to find out why he refuses to go to the warm hide ! Life would be easier in a tub with a heat mat... I will change his whole enclosure if I have to whatever it takes. If I provide a humid hide that will need spraying constantly which will prob attract bacteria? Plus most of my viv is at 55-60% already so anything extra, a humid hide or humid substrate will prob put the whole viv to high which you said would not be a good idea?
    Any idea how long I leave him in the pillowcase? A few hours?

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast