Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,448

3 members and 3,445 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is this a clown

Thanks

is this a clown

hello,

this is being sold as a clown ball python 70 grams and is a month old male. i was wondering is this is a clown and what quality he would be considered? also price range you would pay for this.
    thank you

Thanks
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,948 Posts
    Yes, it's a clown. Quality and value in the eye of the beholder.
    Find me on Facebook: E.B. Ball Pythons and Instagram: @EBBallPythons

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Alan For This Useful Post:

T_Sauer (01-08-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Its an average clown, there not really bad examples of them, just normal clowns and reduced. It is not reduced. I think they are going for around 400-500.

Thanks

Re: is this a clown

Definitely a clown ... As Eric said quality is all about what you as the buyer are looking for ... Some people are more into the pattern some the coloration .... As for pricing the above features come into play for that as well .... As for me ... This clown is nice and bright (which is what I like) the dorsal pattern is not solid but mostly, but that can usually be fixed as long as you select a mate for it that is strong in appearance with it's pattern as to what you are aiming for .... I myself wouldn't think twice and would buy this clown if the price was right
    Last edited by T_Sauer; 01-08-2015 at 07:22 PM.

Thanks

they are asking $300 + actual shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Sauer View Post
    Definitely a clown ... As Eric said quality is all about what you as the buyer are looking for ... Some people are more into the pattern some the coloration .... As for pricing the above features come into play for that as well .... As for me ... This clown is nice and bright (which is what I like) the dorsal pattern is not solid but mostly, but that can usually be fixed as long as you select a mate for it that is strong in appearance with it's pattern as to what you are aiming for .... I myself wouldn't think twice and would buy this clown if the price was right

Thanks
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,948 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by laprodigy001 View Post
    they are asking $300 + actual shipping.
    If I were looking for a clown, and liked the looks of that clown, then that would be a good deal in my eyes.
    Find me on Facebook: E.B. Ball Pythons and Instagram: @EBBallPythons

Thanks

He also said i could add a het clown female for a total of $400 for the pair with free shipping. Or just the clown for $350 shipped. What do you all think

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

That depends...are you going to breed? If not then just take the male. If so you might consider the het as long as it is 100% I am looking to start a clown project so I bought 2 pastel 100% het clowns. Couple years I should have some nice combos.
    Snakes
    0.1 Butter
    0.1 Het Clown/Ghost
    1.1 Pastel 100% Het Clown
    1.1 Pied
    1.0 Bee
    1.0 Fire/Spider
    1.0 Normal
    1.0 Pastave
    1.0 Albino Snow Corn
    1.0 Albino Black Pastel

Thanks

He also said i could add a het clown female for a total of $400 for the pair with free shipping. Or just the clown for $350 shipped. What do you all think
    If you are planning to breed, I am going to assume you are or I would see no point in you being concerned with quality as stated in your original post .... And if the female is 100% het then IMO the 400 shipped for both is a great deal. You can normally have a male that size to breeding maturity in a year to a year and a half ... The female "if from the same clutch or if the same size as the male" will take 2 to 3 years to reach a common breeding maturity and size. That being said .... If she is a 100% het then you are looking at being able to produce visual clowns in around 3 years (with the proper feeding schedule and providing she cooperates and does not go on a fast) .... If you get any female other than a het clown or visual clown then you are looking at 5 to 6 years and two successful breeding seasons before you have a "chance" at producing visual clowns, As you will have to breed the male to a non het or non visual in order to get 100% hets and then wait the time for them to mature before breeding a female from those babies back to you male in order to have a "chance" at visual clowns ......... If I have mis spoken someone please correct me as I almost confused my self typing this up lol .... Also I hope I have not further confused anyone reading this

Thanks

If you plan on breeding Id take that deal in a heart beat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast