Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,393

3 members and 3,390 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Picked up a Brimstone this Saturday ... Also got to meet Limey Smidger!

I went to a mini reptile show on Saturday that my favorite local pet shop (Pet Paradise in Virginia Beach) was hosting. The owner is a good friend of the notorious Limey Smidger who stopped by for the day to help host the event, so I got the privilege to meet and chat with him and in true fashion he lived up to everything I have heard and read about him. He is indeed a very "colorful" character, after 6pm they shut it down to an adult only after hours event. For those of you who have had the opportunity to meet Limey, I don't need to tell you that it was nothing short of an extremely fun filled time!

I also picked up a female Brimstone ball (not Limey's stock) that I am kinda stoked about. However I have been able to find very few pictures to compare her to, I am assuming because it is a newer morph. ( Produced by Gotham Reptile in 2012) By very few pictures I mean two, three actually but two of them were the same snake (world of ball pythons). Comparing her to the two brimstones that I was able to find pictures of however I see very reduced ticking in the granite feature of her pattern and neither one of the other two in the pictures I was able to find have the long dorsal stripe that mine does behind her head and on her tail. These two features I mentioned are just something I thing would be fun to play around with as a little pattern project once she reaches maturity and is able to breed.

She is in the beginning stages of shed so I am hoping that she will brighten up a lil after her shed and show off a good example of the brightening feature that the fire gene is known for.

Anyone who can offer up some images or links to images of some Brimstones, it would be much appreciated!

ANYWAYS!! After my long winded intro here she is

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T_Sauer For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (01-05-2015),Reinz (01-07-2015)

Thanks

Re: Picked up a Brimstone this Saturday ... Also got to meet Limey Smidger!

Quote Originally Posted by T_Sauer View Post
    I I am assuming because it is a newer morph. ( Produced by Gotham Reptile in 2012)
    while its a pretty snake, its not a morph per say but a combination of 2 morphs, granite and fire. but since the combo is fairly new(according to WOP) there's probably not a ton of them out there.

Thanks

Re: Picked up a Brimstone this Saturday ... Also got to meet Limey Smidger!

Quote Originally Posted by ajmreptiles View Post
    while its a pretty snake, its not a morph per say but a combination of 2 morphs, granite and fire. but since the combo is fairly new(according to WOP) there's probably not a ton of them out there.
    Fair enough ... It all comes down to opinions but I will say that fire nor granite are neither one a "morph" ..... They are both single gene animals ..... Either way you look at it, it will be fun to play around with ..... I will entertain all "opinions"
    Last edited by T_Sauer; 01-05-2015 at 04:34 PM.

Thanks
    touche

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Regardless, she's a keeper!

Enjoy