Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,741

2 members and 2,739 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,569
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai

Thread: Christmastime

Thanks

Christmastime

I have a rant, and I feel like I can post it here because I really have nowhere else to.

I live in a house that my best friend owns and I rent from her. Her boyfriend lives there as well, and for the christmas season, his mother came down from Thunder Bay to spend some time with him (~12 hour drive, maybe more, especially with weather). And that's fine, I don't mind it at all. What I mind is when someone who is a guest in the home I live in, says to her son, within my hearing, that I look like a bump on a log because of how much I have to elevate my leg. (Backstory- I have lots of muscle damage and chronic pain from a blood clot I had in my leg. Elevation helps.)

I didn't say anything to her, but not wanting to cause friction, I cleared out of the house for a few days and stayed at my parents so I wouldn't bite her head off.

But I genuinely cannot believe that some people are like this. Maybe it's my canadian nature wanting to believe the best of everyone, but I genuinely did not think that someone as kind as my friend's boyfriend could have a mother that blunt and cruel. After that I can see why some people dislike their relatives at the holidays.

/endrant
    1.0 Pinstripe - Nagini

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

Re: Christmastime

Some people aren't worth the powder it would take to blow them off the face of the earth. Unfortunately for you one is a relative of your room mate. You handled it as well as you could and if your lucky, the room mate recognized the situation and said something to the mother.
    Last edited by rlditmars; 01-02-2015 at 09:12 AM.