Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,119

1 members and 3,118 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
    Thanks

KSB regurgitation or loose stool???

I have one Kenyan Sand Boa named Wallee. I am a first time snake owner, but have owned many different reptiles throughout my life.

Wallee is about a year old and I've had him since August 2014. He is on the smaller side. I feed him once a week on Tuesday mornings. His take is around 90 during the day and 80 at night. I have to make sure his morning heat lamp has been on otherwise he is jumpy. Also, although I keep him in sand I feed him on top of a pillow case. i put him on the pillow case and then place the a fuzzy and a pinky down. He always goes for the fuzzy first no matter what, and it takes him like 10 minutes to get down. The pinky takes 45 seconds. Also sometimes I have to help him by turning the head towards him because he just has a hard time figuring it out.

Ive read about all the controversial blogs and such about feeding a snake more than one mouse at a time, and everyone goes back and fourth. I can't say it's right or wrong because I've gone four months without a problem. Here's my experience: I've been feeding him two since August of 2014. He always take them without hesitation. One fuzzy is not enough for him and does not leave any bulge in his belly. If he doesn't have two he is harder to handle and is more jumpy and "tasting/smelling" my hands more when I handle him. Giving him one fuzzy and one pinky seems to have been working and all of his stool has been solid up until this last week.

The he stool this week either looked loose and the pinky was not digested. I couldn't tell if it smelled or not becaise my cat (started new meds for heart failure) was too weak to make it to the litter box and pooped in my room... So it already smelled like ass.
    Please tell me what you guys think and what I should do! I'm going to go back to just one fuzzy and not give him a pinky to see of that settles his stomach this week.

Pic won't post... I can always email you a picture of the stool/vomit
    Last edited by Steph230305; 12-21-2014 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Pictures will not paste in