Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,363

2 members and 3,361 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: stand ideas?

Thanks

stand ideas?

Ok I'm building my first enclosure 4'wx2'dx16"h for my ball python out of melamine 3/4" thick. But the idea is to be able to stack another similar enclosure on top of it or this one on top of a bigger one at a much later date in case i ever decide on my next snake lol. Got most of my planning figured out i think for the actual enclosure but i can't figure out what to sit it on lol It would have to be sturdy if i decide to stack another one on top of it all. Can anyone give me some ideas on what i could use? It'll be sitting in my living room so I'd want it to look nice but still functional and have some storage ability and i seem to be drawing a blank lol. help!! lol

Thanks
    I built a really nice cage out of Oak, that is 4'x2'x18", and I built a matching stand. Just build a frame out of 2x4's, so
    it will be strong enough to support the weight. I then boxed it with 1/4" Oak plywood, and trimmed it out with solid oak boards.
    I Put 2 doors on the front so I can store stuff underneath. Very strong, and looks great.

You could do something similar, but box it with matching melamine, or use 1/4" plywood, and paint it to match your cage.

Here is a link to step by step instructions for a fish tank stand ........ basically same build as a reptile cage stand.

Thanks

Re: stand ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by mohawk View Post
    I built a really nice cage out of Oak, that is 4'x2'x18", and I built a matching stand. Just build a frame out of 2x4's, so
    it will be strong enough to support the weight. I then boxed it with 1/4" Oak plywood, and trimmed it out with solid oak boards.
    I Put 2 doors on the front so I can store stuff underneath. Very strong, and looks great.

You could do something similar, but box it with matching melamine, or use 1/4" plywood, and paint it to match your cage.

Here is a link to step by step instructions for a fish tank stand ........ basically same build as a reptile cage stand.
    Awesome thanks! The link isn't showing up in tapatalk but I'll check it out when I'm not at work lol guess if I framed it right and put the right supports in it should handle 2 cages.

Thanks
    This fish tank stand in the link is built to hold a 75 gal aquarium filled with water, which must weigh upwards of 600lbs.
    So I'm sure it would hold a couple cages that weigh 100lbs each.

Oops, the link didn't show up in my other post............. here you go

http://www.arbreptiles.com/cages/75g_stand/index.shtml
    Last edited by mohawk; 12-19-2014 at 10:21 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mohawk For This Useful Post:

roaland (12-19-2014)

Thanks

Re: stand ideas?

I hope so lol never really tried to build anything of these sizes before but since I'm in the planning stage still finalizing things figured I'd better start thinking ahead to while I'm at it lol if this cage turns out I'll definitely be looking into another snake lol