Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,257

2 members and 3,255 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Icc has a strange bump on him - he took a rat pup last week so I didn't take him to the vet but tonight I noticed this -

plus his vent didn't looked clogged or anything but it looked like he was about to deuce so if he doesn't there may be a problem on that front (or rear?) as well. I've been checking his vent every two days or so because I'm a paranoid snake loving owner and it has looked fine even tonight when I first took him out - so I really think his vent was like that because he was going to deficate but what the world do you think that thing is - there is only one on his whole body.
    1.0 Ball Python [Icculus]
    >>>>Looking for a vet?<<<<
    http://www.herpvetconnection.com/
    http://www.arav.org

Thanks

Strange bump on my BP (tick?)

looks like a tick to me.....or at least some kind of scab or....something......but as far as getting it off,im clueless, sorry
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 Colombian Redtail Boa
    0.2 Salmon Pastel Redtail Boa's
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    0.1 Amelanistic Corn Snake
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher
    1.0 Mexican black Kingsnake
    0.1 Luecistic Texas rat snake

Thanks
    That looks like a tick to me. (Ponders how to give the proper advice to getting a tick off). I don't think I can give you the "proper" way to take a tick off as I have never done it. I've taken ticks off many times...(yeech..ticks creep me out), but I've never done the match, vaseoline or alcohol method". I'm not even sure I can describe it properly to you. I've never removed a tick from anything that had scales so I don't know how much harder than is going to be to take off.

Just be careful to make sure you get the head all the way out. I think most people state that you should use tweezers to get a tick off as well as alochol or vaseline. I don't recall exactly how it works, other than the vaseoline or the alochol is supposed to suffocate the tick and make it easier to get off.

As for getting rid of the tick once you get it off, I'd flush it down the toliet myself...just be sure it's in the water and acutally goes down though
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959

Thanks
    It does look like a tick to me as well, and not fully engorged yet. If you can cover it in petroleum jelly for a while, it may start to suffocate and release its hold to escape, but as you know, it's essential to get the head and not just the body. Alcohol can work, too, but may dry out the skin in the area and make it harder to get a full shed if he's close to shedding.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    From the pic it looks like a tic to me as well. Marla and Schlyne hit it on the head ( so to speak ) on how to get rid of the little bugger. If you are using a natural substrate ( mulch, Reptibark, or the like ) it might not be a bad idea to replace your substrate and give the cage a good scrub down. Good luck man! Let us know how it goes.
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

Thanks
    yeah last night I completely stripped the cage disinfected everything, got rid of all the substrate and soaked stuff in a bathtub full of virosan and water for about a half hour. Then disinfected it all again and dried it before putting it back in the cage (with new substrate). I'm going out to buy some vasaline or something this evening to see if I can't suffocate that bugger.

Thanks

Corn Questions

The tick was successfully extracted this evening with the use of neosporin to suffocate that little jerk.

Thanks
    Sweet! Glad you got it off. Now you just have to keep an eye out for any more nasties for a bit.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Glad to hear you got the tick off without a problem. Like Marla said, you need to keep an eye out for a while to see if anymore show up.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

Thanks

This makes me mad...

Good to hear Jonah! Like Ironhead and Marla said, they have a nasty reputation for coming back out of no where.
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast