Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,466

2 members and 3,464 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Please help, I lost my snake in my car :(

Quote Originally Posted by Reinz View Post
    So sorry for what you have been going through.

I would definitely let the breeder know what happened. I am in business for myself. If I had delivered an unsecured package as such, I would not only be upset, but feel 100% responsible as well.

Snakes are his business, he KNOWS that they are escape artists! Thus, he should know how to secure a snake!

If he does not give you a new snake, I believe that he may offer you one at a deep discount.

Whatcha got to lose?
    I totally agree that you should talk to the breeder. Putting myself in his shoes, and keep in mind that I am not in the business, I would feel horrible about this. I would also feel responsible because the snake was not properly secured. I would want to do whatever you felt was necessary to rectify it, and maintain a positive reputation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aaron

1.0 Spider, Orange Dream, Yellow Belly

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

You stated that you had pictures of the snake before it came up missing was that before it was placed in the bag or after it was in the bag and you had opened the bag for pictures?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbelly76 View Post
    I totally agree that you should talk to the breeder. Putting myself in his shoes, and keep in mind that I am not in the business, I would feel horrible about this. I would also feel responsible because the snake was not properly secured. I would want to do whatever you felt was necessary to rectify it, and maintain a positive reputation.

Yeah that's true, I'm going to give him a call tomorrow and just let him know what happened. He was a really nice breeder though and told me to call him on his personal number if I had any questions/concerns.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Masonic View Post
    You stated that you had pictures of the snake before it came up missing was that before it was placed in the bag or after it was in the bag and you had opened the bag for pictures?

I never opened the bag. I wish I could post attachments I would post a picture of the bag he gave me her in. I took the pictures inside repticon before he put her in the bag.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts
    I don't think I can agree this is an issue caused by the seller. The situation sucks but I just don't think if it were me I would expect much from the breeder. Once I took delivery I would see it as my responsibility to get it home. I would let the breeder know and if they decide to do something that's great but I would not expect it.

As for posting pics you just need to upload them to a site like Photobucket and then post the "IMG" code into the text. When you post the comment the code will appear as the pic in the thread.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    I don't think I can agree this is an issue caused by the seller. The situation sucks but I just don't think if it were me I would expect much from the breeder. Once I took delivery I would see it as my responsibility to get it home. I would let the breeder know and if they decide to do something that's great but I would not expect it.

As for posting pics you just need to upload them to a site like Photobucket and then post the "IMG" code into the text. When you post the comment the code will appear as the pic in the thread.
    I hope this works! These are pictures of her at the show before she went missing :/

Thanks
    It worked and it looks like a really nice snake. I really do feel bad for you and I hope my last post didn't seem mean. I was just saying how I feel after thinking about this situation as both the seller and the buyer. Im still looking for you to update that it came crawling out from under the seat. I have seen snakes lost on here before turn up weeks later so it is no impossible.
    KMG

Thanks

How has no one pointed how big of a doofus this person is for not make sure bag was tied before leaving it on their car seat. Snakes are some of the greatest escape artists in the world, precautions must be taken at all times. Feel sorry for the snake, the beautiful animal is now probably dead somewhere. flippin doofus
    Last edited by dr del; 12-19-2014 at 04:01 AM. Reason: removing censor trips

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mattboyle96 View Post
    How has no one pointed how big of a doofus this person is for not make sure bag was tied before leaving it on their car seat. Snakes are some of the greatest escape artists in the world, precautions must be taken at all times. Feel sorry for the snake, the beautiful animal is now probably dead somewhere. flippin doofus
    I already said I feel guilty for the snake escaping! The last snake I got was in a plastic tub, I've never gotten one from a bag before and didn't know better. He closed it and handed it to me, he should have tied it when he gave it to me. I stated I was in a rush and put it into the passenger seat without thinking twice. I've tried everything to find this snake so why don't you take your negative comments somewhere else.
    Last edited by dr del; 12-19-2014 at 04:01 AM. Reason: matching quote to edited post

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Laurenmassx For This Useful Post:

Sammiebob (12-19-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mattboyle96 View Post
    Since you were obviously there why didn't you make the knot more secure? Why didn't you volunteer the zip tie from your pocket or the lace from your shoe?

Im sure the OP feels bad enough and I really doubt all the name calling was necessary. I have seen plenty of things on this forum that got me hot but this escape has not been one. The OP didn't mean to do it and has spent a large amount of time and effort trying to find the snake.

I see a visit from the infraction fairy in your life very soon.
    Last edited by dr del; 12-19-2014 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Matching quote to edited post
    KMG

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KMG For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (12-19-2014),MarkS (12-19-2014),Sammiebob (12-19-2014),Shann (12-19-2014),Sirensong26 (12-19-2014)

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast