Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,090

2 members and 3,088 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Please help, I lost my snake in my car :(

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    It worked and it looks like a really nice snake. I really do feel bad for you and I hope my last post didn't seem mean. I was just saying how I feel after thinking about this situation as both the seller and the buyer. Im still looking for you to update that it came crawling out from under the seat. I have seen snakes lost on here before turn up weeks later so it is no impossible.
    Thank you! But I completely understand, it didn't come across mean. I've been worried to call the breeder just because I know it's mostly my fault. I'm really hoping she's going to crawl out from somewhere as well, I still have hope. Maybe she will get hungry soon and slither out.

Thanks

Now come on... You don't know how everything went. Things happen... sometimes they are our fault and sometimes they aren't. The OP has gone way further than most people would (and felt really terrible as well). Lots of people would just shrug their shoulders and be done with caring about it.

I'll be the first to admit that I've made some mistakes, but I sure learned from them. Lessons have been learned no matter who is ultimately responsible.

On the plus side Laurenmassx, you still have a chance, so don't give up. I once had an escapee be right in front of my face after being missing for a couple of months o_O .

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Creepy Alien For This Useful Post:

KMG (12-19-2014)

Thanks

Just in case it helps, I'm in a group on Facebook with a bunch of reptile people and one lady posted up today that her carpet python appeared out of no where after being gone for almost an entire year!!
    1.2 Ball Python
    1.0 Arg. Tegu
    0.1 Egyptian Uromastyx

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sammiebob For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (12-19-2014),KMG (12-19-2014)

Thanks

holy some people need their big boy pants on!!! suck it up, op messed up royally not gunna pat him/her on the head and say everything is ok. lol if i was brought up like that id be a mommies boy and not know how to fend for myself in the real world. when someone messes up you let them know, and whats with censoring on this site, what are we 11? not to worried if i get booted, wont loose sleep over it
    Last edited by dr del; 12-19-2014 at 04:03 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

At the rate your language is giving me work neither will we.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

well there are better reptile forums then this, not too worried there dr.geek

Thanks

we are reptile keepers, what reptile keeper doesnt talk like a trucker? for real?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattboyle96 For This Useful Post:

fLako0aGuiiLaR (12-20-2014),nucklehead97 (01-08-2015)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Something I've started doing when I go to shows is taking a plastic tub with a locking lid and holes drilled into it and I leave that in the truck. That way, in case I buy anything no matter what they put it in, I move it to my locking tub and I don't have to worry about it. The first time I had a breeder give me my snake in a bag, I drove home with it in my lap and it got out of the bag so I ended up having to hold him the rest of the way and drive with one had. Next day I went out and bought the tubs

Thanks
    Thanked 3,152 Times in 2,887 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mattboyle96 View Post
    How has no one pointed how big of a doofus this person is for not make sure bag was tied before leaving it on their car seat. Snakes are some of the greatest escape artists in the world, precautions must be taken at all times. Feel sorry for the snake, the beautiful animal is now probably dead somewhere. flippin doofus
    Really???!!! This is your contribution to this thread!!!! Watch who you call names. You pretty much seem like an idiot to me for opening your mouth in such a manner. Give the poor girl a break would you!!! She already feels bad enough without you opening your big mouth.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ballpythonluvr For This Useful Post:

yellowbelly76 (12-19-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    I don't think I can agree this is an issue caused by the seller. The situation sucks but I just don't think if it were me I would expect much from the breeder. Once I took delivery I would see it as my responsibility to get it home. I would let the breeder know and if they decide to do something that's great but I would not expect it.

As for posting pics you just need to upload them to a site like Photobucket and then post the "IMG" code into the text. When you post the comment the code will appear as the pic in the thread.
    I'm not saying the issue was caused by the seller, but the breeder isn't completely innocent either. However, I am not suggesting she talk to the breeder with any expectations. She should approach the breeder with a "hey, just an FYI" attitude, and see what the breeder has to say about it. If I were the breeder, I would think that it is a good business decision to replace the snake, either free or heavily discounted. A happy customer is a returning customer, and a happy customer will promote me to others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aaron

1.0 Spider, Orange Dream, Yellow Belly

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast