Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,258

1 members and 3,257 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Please help, I lost my snake in my car :(

I went to Repticon on Sunday and around 4 I bought an albino ball python. The guy handed me him in a bag & I was late to work so I put him on my passenger seat and literally sped home and was focused on the road. I went to grab the bag when I got home and it was empty the snake I just bought got out. I never opened the bag, that's how the breeder gave it to me. She's been missing since 4 pm yesterday. I can't find her anywhere!

I know now this is going to sound awful but I have a cage with a hamster in it I was going to use that as a trap and sit in the backseat of my car and wait for her to come out & grab her. I wouldn't let her harm the hamster. If that doesn't work my next step is going to be a hide with a thawed mouse and blanket left in my car overnight. Tomorrow I'm brining the car to get the dash ripped out but I was wondering if anyone had any other options?

i live in Florida it's in the 80s during the day and the lowest it's gotten at night is probably in the 40s. I know it should be warmer on the inside of my car though and above the dash it's insulated. Is this a lost cause? I'm so worried and couldn't stop crying when I realized the bag was empty please help

Thanks
    So he must be in the car somewhere, right ??

I would take some type of Tupperware container, cut a hole in the top big enough for the snake to crawl into it.
    Heat up a mouse, put it into the container, and put it on the floor of your car overnight.
    Hopefully he will crawl into the container to eat the mouse, and stay in there.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts
    Wow, the places it could be is endless?

If it were me I would thaw and warm a f/t and place it on the floorboard. Near the feeder I would put a blanket, towel, or hide. Doing this I would hope it would go for the feeder and then make a quick retreat into a nearby hide.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

Thanks

Re: Please help, I lost my snake in my car :(

I think she's in the center console/dash there's an area she can get into right in front of the passenger seat. I'm definitely going to try that tonight. Should I turn on the AC onto heat and sit in the back and wait for her to come out? It's 45 degrees so i don't know if she would come out unless I had the car warmed up as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts
    I would not turn the car on. That will cause plenty of things to get very hot and since you don't know where it is you could be doing more harm than good.

Under the seats and center console of most cars are the tunnels and routes for the wire harness. These areas make it possible for the snake to reach almost anywhere in the veh. Be careful kneeling on the carpet as you hunt as the snake could be under it.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

Thanks
    I would go out and sit there dead still. Listen if he moves around or not. Heat up 4 water bottles and put them inside socks. Put a waterborne on each floor board. He may become attracted to the heat. Potentially start your car for a few minutes. If it is that cold it may be bad for him. The biggest thing is slow down. Don't freak out right now. Time is of the essence and if you act calm things may resolve thmself. Slowly take out everything in your car that you can. Look under your seats, behind the dashboard. Reach your hand around slow. Don't worry about getting bit the snake is probably scared. If you need help let me know. I can give you a phone call tonight and we can walk through things step by step. I have so many animals I understand then feeling when they are gone. Remember calm down though. Be slow. Act calm and think rationally. Keep us updated and let me know if you need help or support.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Foolish1 For This Useful Post:

calmolly1 (12-16-2014)

Thanks
    It's not a lost cause yet. Snakes don't move far. They escape then find comfort and stay there. Don't freak out yet. That bugger could pop up in a week like hey where ya been.

Thanks

DO NOT turn the car on. For me the first place I would look would be under the seats or check if theres any holes where you put your feet on the passenger seat. I wish you luck! keep us updated. Don't give up!

Thanks

Thank you so much for the help! I have 4 hot water bottles in socks now, I thawed a mouse & I'm going to put it under a heat lamp and then into my car right next to a Rubbermaid tub with a hole in it and a towel inside. Hopefully she comes out! I'll keep all of you updated.

Thanks
    Your in Florida it should be fine over night. They like secure dark places. Don't freak out though. That is the biggest thing right now. If you stop using your head every minute leaves his father from you. I don't think he got out. Cars are usually sealed good. What model car do you own? Get a flashljght a Phillips head screwdriver and a flat head. You can take everythibg out of the front of a car by yourself. Don't wait and paybsomeone. Work slow. Pt all screws in a zip lock and remember where they came from. I am up all night and live in California. If you need someone to talk you through this on the phone let me know. I feel for ya but if you keep faith and a good head it will work out. Keep us updated.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Foolish1 For This Useful Post:

calmolly1 (12-16-2014)

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast