Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,577

1 members and 2,576 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Temperment of Bloods

thank you guys for A the pictures and B the link to check out these babies. Soon I'll be getting my adolecent ball a bigger and final tank, and I'll have a 25gal free for another baby. I'm still not sure if I want to get another ball morph, since my Jake is the natural brown; or if I want to go ahead and get a blood.

Thanks

Just give it some thought and and more thought That's what I did .

Sent from my SGH-T999
    Lady Mkrj58

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts
    Hit up some reptile shops or expos and get your hands on some babies, sub-adults and adults. That may help sway you one way or the other. They are something and their girth can be intimidating for some. Seeing the finished results of one all grown up should help you decide. Its like buying a St Bernard puppy and not knowing they grow to be big enough to ride. Many things are cute when they are little, but they don't stay that way.

Im not trying to discourage you from getting one. I just want you to be fully prepared and know what to expect.

You know you can search in the image gallery here and see a ton of bloods and short tails. We have some breeders here that produce some unbelievable snakes.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

♫ I live on an island way out in the sea ♫
    Thanks
    My best advice is to try to find one that you can hold in person. You can read all about them, but until you actually hold one you won't know what it's all about. It's not like holding any other snake, it's more like holding a moving beer belly.

Prepare yourself for poopsplosions as they don't 'go' as often as other pythons. They like to save it up for ya, so don a pair of gloves and dive in.

Respect their space, and be aware of their attitude. My girl is pretty touchy when I first go in her cage, but as soon as I can get her head pointed the other direction I grab a section and pull her out. Out of the cage she is much less likely to strike than in it I've found. She just has to be comfortable.
    1.0 Normal {S.W.A.N.}
    0.1 Lesser Platinum {Genesis}
    1.0 Lemon Blast {Fabio}
    0.1 Borneo STP {Coho}
    0.1 Green Iguana {Goober}
    0.0.0 A. brocklehursti {Vengence}
    0.1 G. rosea {Kiwi}
    0.0.2 B. albopilosum {Sideshow Bob}
    0.0.1 G. pulchripes
    1.0 P. regalis
    0.0.2 Reef Tank: 20g, 9g

Thanks

My Baby Short tail has been hiding in his cave, today I needed to see him and as I suspected he's got blue eyes and a very dull body poor thing no wonder he's in a Bad mood I brought the humidity level up which will help him. After he's done I will feed him and then let him rest some more. .

Sent from my SGH-T999
    Lady Mkrj58

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    I have a pic for you. These guys have a lovely way of holding their movements until they want to ruin your day. I came home to this a couple months ago. Their movements are larger than my 70lb bulldog.

ENJOY!!!!!

Holy crap!.....literally.
    I havent had to clean one of those up yet. I havent had her long enough for a bowel movement. (4 - 5 months between bowel movements)

I am a new blood python owner as well. Mine is just under 4 ft long. I was little nervous with her at first, she is very strong, and an agressive eater. KMG helped me understand one very important thing. These snakes need support. I kept trying to hold her, and i just couldnt find a way to hold her that she would calm down. KMG suggested i sit with her in my lap....that was the key. She will sit and watch TV with me all day if i let her. Infact, I put her inbetween my legs while i was laying in bed watching TV one night. I probably could have went to sleep, and she would have stayed there all night. They are very pretty, and great pets.
    Last edited by hijacked; 12-13-2014 at 09:07 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hijacked For This Useful Post:

KMG (12-14-2014)

Thanks

Today I held my Baby Borneo for awhile he was calm out of the tank. I did recieve my Snake hook from Reptile Basics just in case I need it but I'm going to use my hands to fetch him. I suppose its a good tool to have on hand.

Sent from my SGH-T999
    Lady Mkrj58

Thanks
    I love my blood, Alucard. Once you realize that all the hissing and attitude is usually bluff, it ends up being funny. Not that I want to push my luck by waving my hand around in front of the business end or anything. And about thier power, mine has broken tub lids 3 times to escape, and I ended up using trap straps to keep him in. He's due for an upgrade though, and I have a nice vision cage for him if I can get the new cage finished for the current occupants.
    Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Never argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Darkbird For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (12-18-2014)

Thanks

Here is my Borneo short tail he discovered how to almost disappear,

Sent from my SGH-T999
    Lady Mkrj58

Thanks

He was really changing things up today he was getting leverage and moving his hide around lol

Sent from my SGH-T999
    Lady Mkrj58

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast