Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,013

0 members and 3,013 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: First ball python!!

Quote Originally Posted by BPSnakeLady View Post
    As a mom of 10 (6 of which are in the teen years) i have to say YES a 15 year old CAN be that obstinate (and a 13 yr old, and a 14 yr old...). Some kids only learn through experience no matter how many people chime in. That said, I too thought of the troll angle, and it wouldn't surprise me at all. **shrugs**
    I've come to the conclusion she is just being obstinate for the sake of it now. I raised 4 and during the teen years if I said brush your teeth they wouldn't, if I said DONT brush your teeth they'd insist they had to. I just don't get it. I've only kept reading this thread hoping she'd get a thermostat, but alas she is sticking to her guns. Maybe she will prove us all wrong. Or maybe her poor snake will get burned. Over and out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by calmolly1 View Post
    I've come to the conclusion she is just being obstinate for the sake of it now. I raised 4 and during the teen years if I said brush your teeth they wouldn't, if I said DONT brush your teeth they'd insist they had to. I just don't get it. I've only kept reading this thread hoping she'd get a thermostat, but alas she is sticking to her guns. Maybe she will prove us all wrong. Or maybe her poor snake will get burned. Over and out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep. Tbh - I headdesk daily over my monkeys. Same here re:hoping he/she would get the thermostat. Ahh well.
    BPs - Lots
    Corn Snake - One.
    Retic

Fuzzies
    Dog Cat Mice rats

Offspring - 10 plus grand-offspring 0.0

Thanks
    Gameonoython (op). I'm in your camp. The people on this forum know nothing. They wilt under the searing power of your intellect. Husbandry-shumsmandry ...I keep all of my snakes in dresser drawers among my socks and such. No heat source is needed as they get enough warmth from from the gentle rays of sunshine filtering through the bedroom window. So you see I don't need no heating pads or no stinking thermostats...! We gangsta that way! In fact your methodology of checkin temps by hand is similar to what I do. I can ascertain the body temp of my scaly friends by licking them all over. Using this method I can tell a snakes body temp +\- .756567 degrees. No need for heaters or any other unnecessary claptrap like thermometers etc...
    Last edited by Jwkempo; 12-11-2014 at 10:30 AM.
    O.1 pastel
    0.1 axanthic
    1.0 red tiger jaguar
    0.1 tabby cat
    0.1 girlfriend Italian/Irish morph
    1.0 het albino
    0.1 het albino
    1.0 Aztec corn snake
    0.1 amel motley corn snake
    1.0 High White King
    0.1 jampea retic

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jwkempo For This Useful Post:

bubs327 (12-12-2014),calmolly1 (12-11-2014),Reed12321 (12-11-2014),Sir Hognose (12-11-2014),Viol8r (12-11-2014)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jwkempo View Post
    Gameonoython (op). I'm in your camp. The people on this forum know nothing. They wilt under the searing power of your intellect. Husbandry-shumsmandry ...I keep all of my snakes in dresser drawers among my socks and such. No heat source is needed as they get enough warmth from from the gentle rays of sunshine filtering through the bedroom window. So you see I don't need no heating pads or no stinking thermostats...! We gangsta that way! In fact your methodology of checkin temps by hand is similar to what I do. I can ascertain the body temp of my scaly friends by licking them all over. Using this method I can tell a snakes body temp +\- .756567 degrees. No need for heaters or any other unnecessary claptrap like thermometers etc...
    Well I've never heard that one before...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Ya know, at first I gave you sympathy but now I realize you're either a troll, or you are just ignoring for the spite of it.
    Better have $200 dollars, burn treatments cost a lot.
    "The best darn derpy ninja there ever was."
    -Sir Hognose 2014

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Hognose View Post
    Ya know, at first I gave you sympathy but now I realize you're either a troll, or you are just ignoring for the spite of it.
    Better have $200 dollars, burn treatments cost a lot.
    I didn't ask for sympathy nor did I ask for advice.

Thanks
    Okay. After a coffee and cigarette, as well as a couple of advil, I've gone through this entire thread.

Hi gameonpython. I also live in Canada. What province are you in?

I think I'm highly confused as you did in another thread I recall ask for advice for your setup. People are more than willing on this forum to help give you the answers you need.

Hell, I've owned snakes for over 18 years and still learn something new every day.

In all honesty, the amount of total combined years of experience on this site is way, way more than you will ever find talking to friends, or asking someone at a pet store.

I don't think anyone was intending on being mean or rude in any way, but when you ask for input and advice, then debate and argue over what everyone is telling you kind of makes it a moot point.

I hope Marshall is doing well, and I'd love to see a photo of your setup!
    0.1 Super Pastel
    1.0 Normal
    0.2 Spider
    1.0 Butter
    0.1 Spider Yellow Belly
    1.0 Kingpin
    0.1 Sugar Pastel
    1.0 Mojave
    1.0 Pastel Enchi
    1.0 Fire
    1.0 Ivory

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gameonpython View Post
    i didn't ask for support nor did i ask for advice
    ftfy
    "The best darn derpy ninja there ever was."
    -Sir Hognose 2014

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Christycat View Post
    Okay. After a coffee and cigarette, as well as a couple of advil, I've gone through this entire thread.

Hi gameonpython. I also live in Canada. What province are you in?

I think I'm highly confused as you did in another thread I recall ask for advice for your setup. People are more than willing on this forum to help give you the answers you need.

Hell, I've owned snakes for over 18 years and still learn something new every day.

In all honesty, the amount of total combined years of experience on this site is way, way more than you will ever find talking to friends, or asking someone at a pet store.

I don't think anyone was intending on being mean or rude in any way, but when you ask for input and advice, then debate and argue over what everyone is telling you kind of makes it a moot point.

I hope Marshall is doing well, and I'd love to see a photo of your setup!
    Hi there.

Alberta

Exactly, in another thread I asked for advice, not this one.

I prefer to get information from multiple resources, rather just one.

Like I've said before, I don't try to come across rude or stubborn, but if that's the way people take it then I can't stop them.

Marshall is doing fabulous, he comes out of his cave often, a dive started handling him for 5 minutes at a time. Very curious little fella.
    Enclosure:
    Not the best pic, basically just paper towel with a water dish/ cave in a 10 gallon.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Edit: and I've* instead of a dive

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast