I have been back in the hobby for a two weeks tomorrow after not being able to be in it due to life issues (I posted another thread on here about that). When I informed my land lord that I got my ball python (which i had to because it is only allowed because of doctors documentation) he told me too bad I didn't get something to munch on the roaches that over run our apartment building. I told him there is too much extermination chems being used I wouldn't use those. He was telling me that he used to keep scorpions. We got to talking about this and he said that he sees no problem with residence having them, and with people that are part of the Houston Reptiles Facebook group posting pics of there tarantulas I started to get an interest in them. Now keep in mind I am arachnaphobic and I was planning on getting something that would be pretty and just to set back and admire.... But this weekend was my first trip to Repticon and I had to test the waters with a breeder there. So I bit the bullet and bought my first tarantula. Now I am afraid that I just stepped into a whole new door way for a really interesting hobby. So here it is... I am not sure of the sex nor at this point do I care but I named it Chibs after the character from Sons of Anarchy.