Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,375

1 members and 3,374 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    Thanks

Fun With Asia, My Adopted BP

My son moved out of his apartment and, as such, I ended up with his 2 or so year old Ball Python. This is the first snake that I have ever cared for and I don't plan on giving her back (if he comes looking for her) - she just disappeared! I'm having fun learning and experiencing this little girl. At first she was a bit timid when I took her out for some socializing but now (only two weeks but I take her out quite frequently) she warms up to me quite quickly. I take her all over the house and let her explore all kinds of cool (to her) places like our sofa, my leather recliner, the dining room table and, last night, she climbed up our wrought iron handrail on our stairs. I watch her carefully to make sure that she doesn't get into any troublesome spots. But now when I put her back in after our playtime, she turns back around and comes back out to go again. It's pretty funny and she enjoys the game so I find it hard to close her in and sometimes I go back to find her at the door or climbing the side of her structure. I am quite surprised at how mush of a personality she has and how much fun it is to take care of her. She ate really well the first time I fed her and I have to go get her more food but not quite sure what size to get. My son had a frozen mouse but I think that she may be old/large enough for small rats. I'll check with the store that sells feeders.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BWB For This Useful Post:

amybeth (11-29-2014)

Thanks
    Just get a mouse/rat thats the same size as her thickest part. My snake also tries so climb back out when I put her back. One time she wrapped herself around my wrist like a watch. Glad to hear you like having her. Post pictures?
    Im just throwing around my opinions. Im trying to give as much help as I've received on this website

1.0 Ball Python
    2.0 Red Clawed Scorpion

(1.0 means Male right?)

Thanks
    That's really cool. I'm glad you're enjoying her. They definitely are fun pets.