Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,098

0 members and 3,098 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,577
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No solid poo

Thanks

No solid poo

So my het pie George has poo'ed 2 times since i have gotten him and they have been a stinky puddle of not much solid black goop... normal?? Or am i just being a worried dad?

Thanks

Re: No solid poo

And what should i use to get the stink out of his tub? Is dish soap ok to use? Dont habe an extra to put him in while it drys out so he will have to go right back in it when im done.. juat rinsed it out as of now. But it is stinky.

Thanks

When I got my first ball he was extremely under fed. His first poop was not formed and was a huge mess. Since then they have all been formed....not sure exactly..but if it continues he could have a parasite..?? Hope some more experienced owners reply for you.

Thanks

He still has not eaten and has pooped 3 times. Worried about him... just need to know if i should be worried or not.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Double check temps, hides etc.....basically overall cage conditions. The little high white pied girl I got from Petsmart on black Friday was said to be a problem feeder and they had to assist feed her yet today after 2 days of having her, she went crazy and struck and ate a live pinkie mouse. How long have you had George? I'd give it a month or so before I'd really get worried and set up a vet visit. Give him time to get his system sorted out and everything to get back on track. Also if you have a regular reptile vet you see, a lot of times you can get a fecal container from them and just drop off a fresh fecal to get checked.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 11-30-2014 at 10:21 PM.

Thanks

I have had him about a month. He ate fine when i brought him home. His temps and humidity are fine.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Well if his temps are fine and he has eaten since you brought him home, then my guess would be parasites as those can cause really smelly, runny poop. Like I said if you have a regular vet you use, you can probably stop by and get a fecal container and drop off a fecal to get checked for whatever they charge. Otherwise you will have to take him in for a full checkup which when I had that done for my beardie, ran about $200. You can also wait another month to see if it gets more solid. My red tail had softer than normal and a bit smellier than normal poops when I got her but it cleared up in about a month. I figured it was just new home stress.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 11-30-2014 at 10:50 PM.

Thanks

Ya im going to give him some more time. Try maybe leaving a f/t over night.. cause he seems to be scared of the live. Will just smell them then back away and go hide... so i leave it in there for 45 mins and he just stays in his hide. So im just gonna try a few different things before i get to worried.

Thanks

I guess im just paranoid cause i looked at georges chart and it has only been 11 days since he has eaten. Ha ha just worried cause my other 2 babies are munching down and growing fast. He has lost 10gs since i weighed him last. The other 2 have put on 40gs

Thanks

Still hasnt eaten since the day after i got him home. Tried a f/t rat pup over night. Failed. Today i tried a smaller pray went down to a hopper and he still acted interested but when it came nose to nose george would take off and hide.

1.1 100% Het Pied
    1.0 Lesser Bee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast