Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,708

1 members and 2,707 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Im so Sad

Thanks

Re: Im so Sad

I would like everyone to know I appreciate your comments and concern RIP Mr BeeBall

Sent from my SGH-T999
    Lady Mkrj58

Thanks

I messed up my post needs to go to the Already established Rainbow Bridge, could a Mod move this for me.
    Thanks
    Sent from my SGH-T999
    Last edited by Lady mkrj58; 11-25-2014 at 08:36 PM.
    Lady Mkrj58

Thanks

Did you get the results back yet from the necropsy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Yes Mr Bumblebee had a severe Bacterial infection thay took him out. I Just posted some pictures of my new baby Bumblebee that arrived today A gift from my other half.

Sent from my SGH-T999
    Lady Mkrj58

Thanks

First off, I am truly sorry for your loss. And I am glad that things seem to be turning for the better for you. I hope your new snake stays healthy and happy as do you.

Second, the results of your tests are slightly concerning. Have you notified LLL Reptiles of this discovery? I think this would be something that would need to be looked into on their end to ensure they are not selling animals with infections that have a turn over time of death at such a high rate. With the recent videos of breeders dealing with deadly infections that cause huge losses, something like this can really be a detriment on new and existing owners looking to purchase new animals. These kinds of things seem to always get pushed under the rug and never actually addressed or rectified.

As a reptile lover that is looking to get back into BPs I am getting more and more discouraged from actually buying one again. I hope breeders and sellers alike continue their efforts to ensure the best possible health of all their animals. And if that is not happening, I hope those people are outed by this fine community for the kinds of people they are to ensure they do not continue to gain personal profit from the lack of respect and regard for these beautiful animals.

Sorry for my rant, and I wish you the best.

-Greg

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EasiGregory For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (05-19-2015),amozo (03-26-2015),bcr229 (05-19-2015),lorrainesmom (05-19-2015),Rainman (04-22-2015)

Thanks
    I am so sorry for your loss Hope all is well with your new baby! These things are a part of owning a pet, sadly. Chin up! He was a beautiful snake and he will always be with you in your memory

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EasiGregory View Post
    First off, I am truly sorry for your loss. And I am glad that things seem to be turning for the better for you. I hope your new snake stays healthy and happy as do you.

Second, the results of your tests are slightly concerning. Have you notified LLL Reptiles of this discovery? I think this would be something that would need to be looked into on their end to ensure they are not selling animals with infections that have a turn over time of death at such a high rate. With the recent videos of breeders dealing with deadly infections that cause huge losses, something like this can really be a detriment on new and existing owners looking to purchase new animals. These kinds of things seem to always get pushed under the rug and never actually addressed or rectified.

As a reptile lover that is looking to get back into BPs I am getting more and more discouraged from actually buying one again. I hope breeders and sellers alike continue their efforts to ensure the best possible health of all their animals. And if that is not happening, I hope those people are outed by this fine community for the kinds of people they are to ensure they do not continue to gain personal profit from the lack of respect and regard for these beautiful animals.

Sorry for my rant, and I wish you the best.

-Greg
    i completely agree and in no way wish ill will on any person in this hobby or business for some folks, i had once purchased a het clown and pied at the same exact time and recieved them the same day from the company in question... needless to say both of my animals did not last very long the het pied male only lived 3 weeks at my place and the clown did make it 2 month... my husbandry, humidity, and temps are all correct, luckily they were as well quarantined,,,, but to blame the company is a long shot and is probably illogical... i say this because it is obvious to any person who has visited there site that they are simply flippers... they buy out peoples collection or last years remaining offspring at a very very discounted price and resell them probably instantly... for those of us very well aware of the quarantine process this is a very bad thing but for a simple pet shop which i consider to be on the same level as petco... petsmart and what have you... only care about profit sell you a cheap snake and want to sell you a 200 dollar glass tank... peat moss, over priced aspen labelled "snake bedding" telling you, you need fake plants, hides and so on and on and on and on and on of everything they can sell you to make the quickest return possible... simply in my opinion these things happen due to ignorance not malintent. i truly am sorry for the loss of any animal and wish it didnt have to happen to you just know you did what you could and were the best snake owner you could be! much love for you and your loss!
    Last edited by jmathis; 05-19-2015 at 01:44 AM.

Thanks
    That is scary, I have purchased from lllreptile before, not bps but geckos. Chances are he already had the infection when you got him so chances are that other babies at their store are infected. I would definitively get ahold of them to let them know and send the results from the vet to them along with your receipt(online or paper).You should be able to get a refund.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Smile Re: Im so Sad

So sorry for your loss! I know its a tough pill to swallow. Congrats to you for all the work you put in to provide the proper care for bb while he was with you. I do think you should make lll reptile aware of the whole situation. It is not a finger pointing thing its just a unfortunate event that happened and what can they offer you as a customer. Depending on what their terms of service are and the suspicious circumstances of what happened to the reptile what are they prepared to offer you as compensation. Then let them make a determination. Good luck.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

Thanks
    Im sorry for you lost that was a gorgeous bee!
    and im glad you got a new one..
    i hope the new guy/girl stay healthy
    -Chris

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast